News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Shipment tracking for virtuemart

Started by virtuemartaustralia, December 02, 2016, 04:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtuemartaustralia

Hi everyone,
I have developed a shipment tracking plugin, it could let u enter shipment code for every order, and after u click update the order status to shipped, it will append the clickable track link to order history, it also appears on the order status change email customers received in order history area.

Plugin page: http://www.virtuemartoz.com/virtuemart-shipping-plugins/shipment-tracking-for-virtuemart.html

It supports any service as long as u have the tracking url

www.virtuemartoz.com
Shipping: AusPost NZPost
Payment: eWay, SecurePay, merchantwarrior, ematters, paymentexpress
Infinite Scroll,Category Discount,wholesale Discount
Westfield Integration, Make An Offer/Best Offer
We do things others can't do, call Us For A hand of help.

dogmansa

Hello

Am very interested in this module. To confirm, I can link my courier company's tracking URL and client's can track their order? Do you have any further documentation please?  many thanks!!

virtuemartaustralia

sorry for late, it supports any tracking url
www.virtuemartoz.com

gannoniz86

Just tried to download but the website is down...

virtuemartaustralia

Quote from: gannoniz86 on September 18, 2017, 14:29:15 PM
Just tried to download but the website is down...
Hey the domain www.virtuemart.com.au unfortunately lost due to host company bought by another company
we moved to www.virtuemartoz.com
Thanks for ur interest
www.virtuemartoz.com

Ventsi Genchev

Does this plugin support multilanguage?

And you've moved the domain well, but you have not fixed the links on the site.
For example:
Demo: demo.virtuemart.com.au/index.php/shop/pagination

And no option for registration because:
Captcha *
ERROR for site owner:
Invalid domain for site key
Audio Store:
https://vsystem.bg - Bulgarian language
https://vsystem.bg/en - English

virtuemartaustralia

Quote from: Venci Gentchev on September 29, 2017, 11:45:34 AM
Does this plugin support multilanguage?

And you've moved the domain well, but you have not fixed the links on the site.
For example:
Demo: demo.virtuemart.com.au/index.php/shop/pagination

And no option for registration because:
Captcha *
ERROR for site owner:
Invalid domain for site key

sorry for late, this is fixed
www.virtuemartoz.com

jomext

Purchased this extension several months ago but never got it to work. Developer was trying hard but the issue is still there.
I'm with:
Joomla 3.9.8
Virtuemart 3.2.14

I know in Virtuemart's shipping confirmation, I can leave a note with the tracking number but this won't be a user friendly way for customers to track the shipment.

I can further add carrier website's domain manually with the tracking number to make it a complete URL in the note. However manually adding this for every shipment is very annoying plus the URL in the note is still not linkable for easy clicking.

Does anyone know any extension that can add a tracking "link" easily to the shipping confirmation email?

pinochico

QuoteHowever manually adding this for every shipment is very annoying

I don't understand how can you take the tracking number only manually add to some input or not?

Rudolf
www.minijoomla.org  - new portal for Joomla!, Virtuemart and other extensions
XML Easy Feeder - feeds for FB, GMC,.. from products, categories, orders, users, articles, acymailing subscribers and database table
Virtuemart Email Manager - customs email templates
Import products for Virtuemart - from CSV and XML
Rich Snippets - Google Structured Data
VirtueMart Products Extended - Slider with products, show Others bought, Products by CF ID and others filtering products

virtuemartaustralia

Hi all
I've found how to make the links clickable in the order email.
www.virtuemartoz.com

loppan

Sorry for digging up old threads but I've been curious about this plugin for some time.

Currently I just paste the tracking link as a comment in the shipping confirmation e-mail and this works OK but it's not optimal for the customer.

The TM-system I use (Unifaun) would be able to handle this for me (automatic e-mails and a branded tracking page) but they want to charge me €45+vat extra per month to do so, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

What are the obvious benefits with this plugin compared to just copy & paste the tracking URL as a comment? We do get a clickable link I understand - but other than that? Obviously we still have to add the tracking number to every order and that's not so different from what I'm already doing ;).

Just trying to wrap my head around what this plugin actually does :D. I'm also hesitating because someone else in this thread apparently never got it to work.

Cheers

Peter

virtuemartaustralia

Quote from: loppan on June 12, 2020, 22:39:54 PM
Sorry for digging up old threads but I've been curious about this plugin for some time.

Currently I just paste the tracking link as a comment in the shipping confirmation e-mail and this works OK but it's not optimal for the customer.

The TM-system I use (Unifaun) would be able to handle this for me (automatic e-mails and a branded tracking page) but they want to charge me €45+vat extra per month to do so, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

What are the obvious benefits with this plugin compared to just copy & paste the tracking URL as a comment? We do get a clickable link I understand - but other than that? Obviously we still have to add the tracking number to every order and that's not so different from what I'm already doing ;).

Just trying to wrap my head around what this plugin actually does :D. I'm also hesitating because someone else in this thread apparently never got it to work.

Cheers

Peter

# you don't need to go into order detail page to fill in tracking
# you only need to pass in the tracking number
# do u want a separate email of tracking with self designed email templates?
www.virtuemartoz.com

virtuemartaustralia

There is an installation file which guides u to make clickable links work.  Installation.txt
www.virtuemartoz.com

dihan

I just installed and configured this plugin for my virtuemart 2.x site - It's super straightforward to configure. We use it by manually the tracking number via virtuemart backend; associating the tracking info to the order and then make a reference to it in customer invoice emails - this way customer gets clickable tracking info once status is changed to 'shipped'. The developer was amazing, answered all my pre and post sale questions promptly and even updated the plugin for me to permit displaying upto 6 shipping carriers (default is 4) - I suggest a little more documentation and will insert my notes below

To insert clickable link to vendor & customer invoice emails: /public_html/components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/mail_html_footer.php

<?php $nb=count($this->orderDetails['history']);
  if($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->customer_notified && !(empty($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments))) { ?>
  <tr>
    <td colspan="3">
<?php echo  nl2br($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments); ?>
</td>
  </tr>
  <?php } ?>

administrator/languages/en-GB/en-GB.plg_system_shipmenttracking.ini  contains variable names if you want to change the default eg., I changed 'Tracking Info below' to 'Tracking Information(s):'

If you want to bold the 'Tracking information(s)' text above in the SHIPPED customer/vendor invoice emails, find and replace in plugins/system/shipmenttracking/shipmenttracking.php:

$_REQUEST['comments']=$_POST['comments'].=$br.JText::_('TRACK-INFOS-ARE-BELOW').'<br/>';

with

$_REQUEST['comments']=$_POST['comments'].=$br.'<b>'.JText::_('TRACK-INFOS-ARE-BELOW').'</b><br/>';

sirius

For those who need to decode the entities as I do, use:
<?php echo  nl2br(html_entity_decode($this->orderDetails['history'][$nb-1]->comments)); ?>
J3.10.12 | PHP 7.4.33 + APC + memcached + Opcode
VM Prod : 3.8.6 | VM Test : 4.0.12.10777