Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

product images dont save settings

Started by DanielIIC, November 28, 2016, 22:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielIIC

Hi,
I have Joomla! 3.6.4 and VirtueMart 3.0.18

I don't know when this changed but it did work before.

If I have add to a (new or existing) product and new image then i can only edit the text and the language for the very first one.
If I upload a second picture then it will not save the changes i made an still falls back to the version strait after the upload.

This error appears now at new and old products. I knew it worked before then usually I have 2 pictures per product per language, so in total 4.
I also notice if i change the order, and the "new" picture is the first in line and I change the details, then i press the "save" and then the newly loaded page is exactly how i changed it. But if I then click on the other picture and go back then it is as i described it before.
The shop online shows only this final result.

very strange, at least for me.
Anyone an idea?

DanielIIC

Hi,
it took me a while but I found the mistake:
after a in deep look from a collage into the database we could eliminate the recording of the data.
We did then some test with edge, firefox and crome but all showed exactly the same behaviour.

Then we found out that the correct data, once input in the back-end, is stored correctly in the DB but not displayed.
but, however, after a time it was.  this pointed of strait to a cache problem.

finally we found the mistake, a typo,  in the .htaccess and a time for html data of 500seconds.

well that was it all.   so not problem with virtuemart but it was the only section i recognized it first. 

Hopfully it helps someone else.

Daniel

Milbo

could be interesting to post the problematic line in the htaccess
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member