News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Blank shopping cart after upgrade to 3.0.18

Started by MySigma, November 01, 2016, 10:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MySigma

Hello!

I'm currently working on an onlineshop for a customer. She is currently using VirtueMart 3.0.17.2 and everthing is working fine. The current installed Joomla Version is 3.6.4! I'm getting two errors as soon as I'm updating VM to 3.0.18. The first one was already solved (COM_VIRTUEMART_FILE_NOT_FOUND). The second problem is a blank shopping cart. I'm mean, hitting the "show cart" button brings up an empty white page.

I think the there is something wrong with "templates/MYTEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/cart/default.php", but I'm not sure!? Any advice?

Best regards,
Manfred

GJC Web Design

find the 500 server error

or try the standard cart template file to see what the difference is
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

MySigma

There is absolut nothing within the log files... no error is displayed... absolut nothing :(

I'm not so familiar with Virtuemart because I'm normally using ZenCart as Shopsystem, so I'm not sure what you mean with "...or try the standard cart template file to see what the difference is...". Where can I switch to the standard cart template?

Best regards,
Manfred

jenkinhill

You can rename the cart override directory at templates/MYTEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/cart/  eg to cart_ and this will force VM to use the default cart templates.

Or if a one page checkout plugin is installed then you could disable it.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Ghost

MySigma

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 02, 2016, 12:20:52 PM
You can rename the cart override directory at templates/MYTEMPLATE/html/com_virtuemart/cart/  eg to cart_ and this will force VM to use the default cart templates.

Or if a one page checkout plugin is installed then you could disable it.
Renamed the directory and still have a white blank page. Maybe the bug is within the default cart template??

Quote from: Ghost on November 02, 2016, 12:35:37 PM
Enable PHP error reporting..
Is already enabled but the log file is empty and NO error is reported :(

Ghost

When VM is installed, you must enable PHP Developer mode in VM config to show errors.

MySigma

Ok. Now I'm getting an error message instead of a blank page.

Fatal error: Access level to VirtueMartViewCart::$useSSL must be public (as in class VmView) in /big/dom/xDOMAIN/www/extern/CUSTOMERTEST/plugins/system/vponepagecheckout/cart/cartview.html.php on line 20

* INFO:  "enable ssl for sensitive areas (recommended)" is NOT active.

I'm having a SSL certificate installed, but I don't use it for this testinstallation.

PHP CGI Version: 5.6.18
PHP CLI Version: 5.6.18
SSL PHP Version: 5.6.18
PHP Module Version: 5.6.18

jenkinhill

If SSL is not yet installed then ensure "Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended)" is not selected in VM configuration/shop    
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Ghost

The version of VP One Page Checkout you're using is outdated and incompatible with VM 3.0.18. Update it.

If you can't update it for some reason, in /plugins/system/vponepagecheckout/cart/cartview.html.php change protected $useSSL; to public $useSSL; and hope nothing breaks.

MySigma

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 03, 2016, 11:25:40 AM
If SSL is not yet installed then ensure "Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended)" is not selected in VM configuration/shop

SSL is installed but not used for this testinstallation. "Enable SSL for sensitive areas (recommended)" is NOT active :)

@ Ghost:
Very good!! Thank you so much! It looks like it's working now. I going to do some test and give you a feedback!