News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

error language

Started by lgiulio, October 21, 2016, 16:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgiulio

Joomla 3.6.2
Virtuemart : 3.0.16

Hello,

I realized the multilingual site and I have a problem that I can not understand.

When I open the site in English www.passionepuglia.it/en the virtuemart categories (images pasta, etc.) you always see in Italian even if it is set up correctly in English.

SEE ATTACHMENT

how can I fix?

Thank you

jjk

I don't see a language switcher module on your website. It would be helpful for your customers if you would publish two joomla language switcher modules at a template position of your choice. One with the language tag set to Italian, the other one set to English. That way your customers can choose which language they want to see.

Looks like your categories are displayed in a module. Check if you have two of them, one set to Italian and one set to English. I think you also need to create another Joomla menu for the english language categories, like you already have for Italian when you click ...passionepuglia.it/it/pasta.html.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lgiulio

Hello,

I entered the language switcher module, but if click on english flag the category images you see in italian.

I have two menus one in italian and one in english.

The link in top menu are OK.

The problem is the category "OUR PRODUCTS" in home page.

For see the category in th home page I have set in home page The component Virtuemart.

I am desperate :-[ :'( :'(

Thank you

jjk

In VirtueMart you can select different category thumbnails for each of your languages in the category settings. Did you try that? See example screenshot below.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

lgiulio

does not work.

when I insert a product or category in Italian they select in Exstensions - language Defult Italian.

when I insert a product or category in english they select in Exstensions - language Defult English.

it's right?

lgiulio

Hello,

I created a new installation.
I set the languages ​​in joomla and virtuemart. (see attached file "Menù" e "languagevirtuemart"
I inserted one category with image in Italian and one in English.

I set the home page in Italian with virtuemart component (see screenshots "homepage")

I set on the language switch.
When change language the images of the category do not change language.

I think is a bug

Can someone help me :-[ :-[ :-[

Thank you