Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Checkout issues

Started by Bayron, November 14, 2016, 15:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bayron

Using Virtuemart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.4

Hi, i'm having a loop problem with the checkout.
I have checked the options "only registred users can checkout", i've registered a user to try the shop, but when i go to the cart and press the checkout button, it brings me back to the top of the page/cart.
Browsing i discovered that it could be a problem related with "required fields", but i can't find a solution to this.

Studio 42

Perhaps you don't checked "i agree tos..."?
Most time, user forget this checkbox.

Jumbo!

Are you using a 3rd party template? Also post your site link for quicker checking.

Bayron

No, i'm more than sure that i checked the terms of use box.
The site is www.tipografando.it

Jumbo!

Please disable "Enable SSL for sensitive areas" in VM Configuration as you do not have a valid SSL certificate installed.

Now check again.

Bayron

I double checked to be sure, i already enabled SSL for sensitive areas.
Since i'm a newbie, that's what could be a stupid question:
Should i buy the SSL option from the domain host to actually make it work, or Virtuemart has some sorta of internal SSL by himself?

Milbo

Jumbo meant to DISable the SSL for sensitive areas. We are going to remove it anyway. It makes too much trouble, it need a well configured server.

The best way is to use SSL and redirect any non SSL connections to the SSL one. Or just disable it. Almost any payment method is secure without SSL.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Bayron

I see. Going back to the main topic, you think that the SSL is the problem that makes the checkout go in loop?

Bayron

Milbo, thanks a lot!
The shop works just fine and i'm really considering not to use an SSL, since the payment on the shop is set with standard paypal and redirects to their site to actually pay (that actually has an SSL)
Disabling the SSL just did the trick :)

Jörgen

Hello Bayron

Milbo means that most paymentfunctions work well without SSL and that SSL for checkout only is hard to configure right. Using a SSL-certificate for the whole website is a good idea that gives trus to Your site. But this does not need the setting in VM. VM does not need to know that You are using a SSL-certificate. But it is a good idea to use one.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Bayron

Yes, i get it. For now i'll just rely on paypal SSL for payments. Sooner or Later i'll have an SSL for the whole site! Thanks for all the answers guys!