HELP - URGENT! I am unable to open virtuemart component in my joomla backend.

Started by erica23, October 06, 2016, 04:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erica23

I have had Joomla! 2.5.16 for a while now and am unable to upgrade due to it completely messing up my site...so for now this is what I have to work with.
Randomly, TODAY, my site started having some errors on the front end due to virtuemart so I went in to check what was wrong and I am able to log in to joomla backend, but when selecting component virtuemart, it starts the loading process and NEVER finishes, so I am unable to open it.  Sorry I am unable to tell you which virtuemart I currently have running on this site, since I am unable to open it to see...
I am however, able to open all other components.
My server is telling me it is virtuemart, while what I have found online is telling me it is the server.

Anyone have similar issues or advice???
Thanks in advance, this is an URGENT problem.
-E

jenkinhill

To determine the VM version use ftp to check the file administrator/components/com_virtuemart/version.php which will have the version info.

Joomla 2.5 versions before  2.5.26 are insecure - and even 2.5.26 or 2.5.27 must also have the Dec 2015 security patch applied, so is it possible that your site has been hacked? It is useful to know what the front end error messages show in case it is as simple as a PHP version update on the server.

Maybe time to revert to your last working backup while tryli to work out what has gone wrong.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Milbo

Quote from: erica23 on October 06, 2016, 04:38:39 AM
I have had Joomla! 2.5.16 for a while now
I dont need to read further actually. You got hacked, because your joomla version is completly outdated. It is not a problem to use j2.5, but you must have the last version and the additional session patch. But your joomla version is 2.5.16 (06.11.2013),

Quote from: erica23 on October 06, 2016, 04:38:39 AM
Randomly, TODAY, my site started having some errors on the front end due to virtuemart
I doubt it is Virtuemart. It is more likely that the hacker is just not interested in your other components.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member