News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Wrong selection in revenue report

Started by gba, September 29, 2016, 16:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gba

Hi!

I noticed a while ago, that the revenue report seems to display wrong data:
1) Using interval 'daily' the period from i.e. 01.07.2016 to 31.07.2016 ignores orders from 01.07.2016. To consider also these orders the period must be from 30.06.2016 to 31.07.2016.
2) When I filter 'shipped' orders, only, no data is displayed, although there ARE orders with status 'shipped'. At the same time 'confirmed' orders are displayed on days, where no ones are - there are the 'shipped' orders instead.
These issues seem to persist in v3.0.18.

Can anyone confirm these issues?

Kind regards,
Gerald

gba

Hi all!

Did anyone try that at all?

Kind regards,
Gerald

Studio 42

The report do not give right total using periods.
Only using "product"  period give you the right report.

gba

Hi!

Thank you for replying!
Also with 'Product' as interval I have the same behaviour.

Kind regards,
Gerald

gba

Hi!

Solutions:
1) VM team fixed this.
2) The product items in my orders had another status than the orders itself due to a mean PHP related issue in VM core. The report is based on product data, not on order data. Therefore I got the results like I described above. I'll have to update the status of all products according to each order's status. SQL will do the trick.

Kind regards,
Gerald

Milbo

Or in other words, the revenue report is based on the orderstatus of the order items!

gba wrote a small component to update the order status which worked not correct due a small bug in the core. This bug has no impact for the core function but people using the function.

The php error was that a 0 int losely compared (==) with a string results in a positive. So the order items were not updated.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member