News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Rename shop-entrance/manufacturer/ in url

Started by andrew222, September 25, 2016, 23:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew222

Hi,

I've set up a store for an art gallery so needed to make some overrides in the language files. Basically every instance of 'manufacturer' I changed to 'artist' and this works fine on all the page content. I also changed the page titles.

I did notice an issue though when I do a google search for an artist (eg.graham-ball) as this is the url shown in the search results.

mywebsite.com/shop-entrance/manufacturer/graham-ball

Is it possible for me to change the term 'shop-entrance' to 'gallery' and 'manufacturer' to 'artist' and if so where are these changes made?

Thanks and look forward to any help.

Andrew

Ghost

shop-entrance sounds like your VM menu item's alias. You can edit the menu item to change this. To change "manufacturer" in URL, create languages overrides for strings found in xx-XX.com_virtuemart.sef.ini:

COM_VIRTUEMART_SEF_MANUFACTURER
COM_VIRTUEMART_SEF_MANUFACTURERS

andrew222

Thanks very much Ghost.  That put me out of my misery  :D

I forgot that I'd set up a menu item to the stores front page and added it to the footer menu module which wasn't even published. I changed the alias to gallery.

Shop entrance (Alias: shop-entrance)
VirtueMart ยป Front page

Had no idea about the en-GB.com_virtuemart.sef.ini file so tracked it down and changed the two entries. Didn't work at first but after some searching I found that you had to go to Virtuemart->Configuration->Seo  and  "Translate Strings" must be ticked.

All good now and appreciate your help.

Andrew

Ghost

Don't edit the xx-XX.com_virtuemart.sef.ini file. Instead create language overrides through Language Manager -> Overrides. Otherwise you'll lose changes when updating VM (or language pack).

andrew222

Oops. Well spotted. Just created two new overrides  ;)

Cheers