News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Product title in wrong language inherited by multi variant child

Started by bortolani, September 10, 2016, 18:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bortolani

Hi, I think I found a bug concerning multi-variants, multi languages:

when you create a multi variant child and you have a multi language site all attributes of the child product (like description, etc.) are
correctly inherited with the exception of the product name that is always set to the default language.

Example:
Parent product
Product name:   House (english)  --  Maison (french)
Product description: Small House (english) -- Petit Maison (french)

Then you create a variant:
Child product
Product name:   House (english)  --  House (french)

VirtueMart 3.0.12 - Joomla! 3.6.2

Anyone noticed that before?
Bruno

jenkinhill

You should not use VM3.0.12 with Joomla3.5.2 - you should use at least VM3.0.16 or checkout will not work correctly. VM3.0.18 will be released very soon.   http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files

You issue may already have been corrected
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bortolani

Hi Jenkinhill,
I made a lot of modifications to VM core files and DB tables and I have to test VM upgrades a lot before moving to the latest versions.
Anyway the checkout works beautifully without any problem with my configuration.

I think that the problem I mentioned abot multivariant product names is still present in the latest VM releases.
It's not a big issue, you just have to do a search & replace using phpmyadmin to correct product name translations, but still it something worth fixing.

Best,
Bruno

Jumbo!

If you want to continue using VirtueMart 3.0.12 then you can not use Joomla! 3.6.2. You should go back to Joomla! 3.5.

Checkout will work if it does not fire the email function. Basically the email functions will not work correctly. Moreover it is not compatible to PHP 7.

bortolani

Hi,
I repost this bug as it has not been corrected in the last version (VM 3.0.17.6)

Context: multi-variants, multi language

When you create a child in multi language site the child product name is always set to the default language for all languages.
In other words instead of inheriting the translated product name, the field is always filled with parent product name default language content.
All other translated fields, like description, are inherited correctly.

This means you have to edit each variant again (and in some cases you have hundreds of them!)

Example - default language English, translation French:

Parent product
Product name:   House (english)  --  Maison (french)

When you create a variant, the child product shows these values:
Product name:   House (english)  --  House (french)   <---- WRONG!

VirtueMart 3.0.17 - Joomla! 3.6.2

Anyone noticed that before?
Bruno

GJC Web Design

3.0.18 is now the current stable and a lot of work has gone into this one

3.0.17 had lots of sub versions .. so try 3.0.18 first
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation