News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

search module

Started by alex4842, July 20, 2016, 10:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex4842

hello and sorry if this question was previously asked but i only find this https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=131362.0 topic. I would like to ask how can i make my search plugin to search and the products of the virtuemart,is it possible? Can you please help me because i am newbie to understand. I am using VM3 and Joomla 3.5.

jenkinhill

Usually you just publish the VirtueMart Search Product - installed with the VM aio component. It has configuration options for filter & layout.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alex4842

hello @jenkinhill and thank you for your responce!!  :) yes it is working!! :) but is there a way to link the search to search both virtuemart and normal search (search that has joomla by default). I don;t know if i am clear, i want to have one search module for both virtuemart products and for the content of the site. Can i manage that?

Ghost

Search and Finder (Smart Search). They use separate plugins. VirtueMart comes only with Search plugin for products. If you want to use Smart Search, you need to get a plugin from somewhere. If not, just publish Search module and enable Search - VirtueMart Product plugin.

jenkinhill

Yes, enable the VirtueMart Product search plugin and then Joomla search will include VM products.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

alex4842

i have done that but didn't work  :(

Ghost

Maybe you're using Smart Search module?

jjk

Create a Joomla menu item 'Search' or perhaps label it 'Advanced Search' with the menu item type 'Search' > Search Form or Search Results.
The menu link will open a Joomla search form.

Then search for a plugin with the name 'VirtueMart Product', select the desired options and publish it.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations