News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Multi variant issues with large amounts of child products

Started by Bigitybossman, May 26, 2016, 04:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigitybossman

Hi,

I am using the Multi Variant custom field option wish is amazing and such a great feature of VM. However, i have reached some issues that i'm hoping someone can help with  :'(

The Multi variant is working perfectly until i reach about 107 child products using the ramifications feature on the parent product. Once i reach this quantity, the parent product will not load or save correctly and i receive some JS error.

Is there a limit to the amount of child products that the multi variant can handle? Or am i missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Bigitybossman

Hi Jenkinhill,

Thanks for the reply. I will take a read over the link you have provided and also check the PHP resources. I will let you know how i go.

cheers

Bigitybossman

Hi,

Just thought i would give you an update. I contacted my hosting company and they told me to add the following to my .htaccess file and it work perfectly.

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_value memory_limit 128M
php_value max_execution_time 900
php_value max_input_vars 5120
php_value upload_max_filesize 40M
php_value post_max_size 40M
</IfModule>

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum