News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Original vm-ltr-site.css

Started by oneyozfest182, May 10, 2016, 15:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneyozfest182

So don't yell at me... I know how stupid this was of me... But I accidentally overwrote the vm-ltr-site.css from my VirtueMart 3.0.16 install. I had constantly had an issue with the product boxes not being tall enough and used the vm-ltr-site.css file to fix my issue. I could never figure out how to get overrides to work, (I was obviously doing something wrong but couldn't figure it out), so I just modified that file and whenever I'd update VirtueMart, I'd upload that file to fix the box sizing issue. Finally in VirtueMart 3.0.16, the box alignment issue was resolved, so I didn't need to upload my custom file, but I did by mistake out of habit and now I can't get the sizing issue resolved again. Is there any way I can get the original vm-ltr-site.css file somewhere? Any help is appreciated, and understanding is even more appreciated. :P

QuoteSITE INFORMATION
OS Linux b
PHP 5.3.29
MySQLi 5.5.43-0ubuntu0.12.04.1-log
Caching Disabled
GZip Disabled
Joomla! Version 3.5.1
VirtueMart 3.0.16

Jörgen

Hello

Simply unzip the VM 3 archive and look for the vm-ltr-site.css

Upload the file to the site, done.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

In future just add your css overrides to your Joomla template.css or create & load a custom.css file
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

oneyozfest182

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 10, 2016, 16:27:50 PM
In future just add your css overrides to your Joomla template.css or create & load a custom.css file

This is the part I can't seem to get. I just use the "Protostar" theme; I created inside protostar > css > custom.css and pasted the following code:

span.addtocart-button input.addtocart-button, span.addtocart-button input.notify-button{
  max-width: 100%;
  background: #0077B3;
  color: #fff;
  border: solid #00669a 1px;
  border-radius: 4px;
  font-size: 16px;
  cursor: pointer;
  text-align: center;
  letter-spacing: 1px;
  padding: 12px;
  margin-bottom: 0;
}

Button colors don't change. If I overwrite that code in vm-ltr-site.css, the button colors change. :-\ Is my custom.css file in the wrong location? I had it named "override.css" as I must've read that somewhere, and got excited when I thought that was the issue, but I've renamed it "custom.css" and it's still not applying any changes. :(

GJC Web Design

is the file loaded?

if so then just add !important after the rules if they are over written.. use Firebug
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

oneyozfest182

In the "head" content, these are the only "stylesheet" references:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-ltr-common.css?vmver=9204">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-ltr-site.css?vmver=9204">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/vm-ltr-site.css?vmver=9204">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/components/com_virtuemart/assets/css/facebox.css?vmver=9204">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/protostar/css/template.css">

How do I get the custom.css file to be loaded? Sorry if I'm clueless.  ???

I installed "Add Custom CSS" plugin and all is working wonderfully. Thanks guys!!!

Ghost

If using Protostar, custom CSS file must be named user.css to load automatically. No need for plugin.