News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Clean uninstall ??

Started by dol, April 28, 2016, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dol

Hi,

I had installed VM 3.0.14 (AIO) on a Joomla Site (3.5.1).
But finally, after a lot of tests, I'm not satisfy... so I want uninstall it.

I have tried... from the extensions manager.
but it stays install and  in the components menu (Virtuemart and its submenu and also the tcpf).

So I have re-install it to try another way to make a clean uninstall...
And now I have a 3 menu items :
- tcpdf : goes to a 404 error
- VirtueMart : goes tho the component
- virtuemart-aio : ... a 404 error

A now, I have just a question : how to uninstall Virtuemart... definitly and cleanly ?

TIA

Dol.

jenkinhill

Well you started on the wrong foot. You should have installed VirtueMart 3.0.16 to work with Joomla 3.5.1, you would see some errors using 3.0.14

Looks like you played with VirtueMart without reading the docs or browsing this forum. The TCPDF and AIO components are just wrappers, so have no content in the component directories, hence the 404s.

VirtueMart is a very big extension, with a lot of elements, so uninstalling takes a few steps.

To uninstall VM in Joomla's extensions manager:
Start by a search for vm - which throws up some plugins. Uninstall those.
Then search for vir - and uninstall everthing there except for VirtueMart_allinone
If you really want to unistall TCPDF (it is used by some other Joomla components) then search for tcpdf and uninstall.

Then use FTP to remove the aio component directories, in components and administrator/components, followed by the remaining VM plugin files in the plugin directory and all files/directories in images/stories/virtuemart

The database still contains the VM data, so if you wish, use phpMyAdmin to drop the ###_virtuemart_xxxxx tables.

Manual removal is used because there have been instances of VM shop owners believing they had to uninstall VirtueMart prior to updating - generally shop owners are not developers. Thus images and all the database entries are kept intact to prevent them totally losing their stores.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pschmehl

Thanks. That's very helpful. I don't use phpmyadmin. I work on the commandline with mysql. Is there a script that will remove all the virtuemart tables (and only the virtuemart tables)?

jenkinhill

Probably something like this (which is what I would use in phpMyAdmin):

DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_adminmenuentries`, `####_virtuemart_calcs`, `####_virtuemart_calc_categories`, `####_virtuemart_calc_countries`, `####_virtuemart_calc_manufacturers`, `####_virtuemart_calc_shoppergroups`, `####_virtuemart_calc_states`, `####_virtuemart_carts`, `####_virtuemart_categories`, `####_virtuemart_categories_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_category_categories`, `####_virtuemart_category_medias`, `####_virtuemart_configs`, `####_virtuemart_countries`, `####_virtuemart_coupons`, `####_virtuemart_currencies`, `####_virtuemart_customs`, `####_virtuemart_invoices`, `####_virtuemart_manufacturercategories`, `####_virtuemart_manufacturercategories_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_manufacturers`, `####_virtuemart_manufacturers_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_manufacturer_medias`, `####_virtuemart_medias`, `####_virtuemart_migration_oldtonew_ids`, `####_virtuemart_modules`, `####_virtuemart_orders`, `####_virtuemart_orderstates`, `####_virtuemart_order_calc_rules`, `####_virtuemart_order_histories`, `####_virtuemart_order_items`, `####_virtuemart_order_userinfos`, `####_virtuemart_paymentmethods`, `####_virtuemart_paymentmethods_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_paymentmethod_shoppergroups`, `####_virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal`, `####_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard`, `####_virtuemart_products`, `####_virtuemart_products_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_product_categories`, `####_virtuemart_product_customfields`, `####_virtuemart_product_manufacturers`, `####_virtuemart_product_medias`, `####_virtuemart_product_prices`, `####_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`, `####_virtuemart_ratings`, `####_virtuemart_rating_reviews`, `####_virtuemart_rating_votes`, `####_virtuemart_shipmentmethods`, `####_virtuemart_shipmentmethods_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_shipmentmethod_shoppergroups`, `####_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries`, `####_virtuemart_shoppergroups`, `####_virtuemart_states`, `####_virtuemart_userfields`, `####_virtuemart_userfield_values`, `####_virtuemart_userinfos`, `####_virtuemart_vendors`, `####_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb`, `####_virtuemart_vendor_medias`, `####_virtuemart_vendor_users`, `####_virtuemart_vmusers`, `####_virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups`, `####_virtuemart_waitingusers`, `####_virtuemart_worldzones`;

There may well be some entries in Joomla's modules & plugin tables, too, and other VM language tables if you use anything in addition to en.

It's all easy with the right tools.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

pschmehl

Thanks again. You've been very helpful. I appreciate it.

pschmehl

In case anyone else needs this, this worked. Change the #### to your db prefix (you can use almost any text editor to do a replace all), then log into mysql with the proper credentials to drop tables for your joomla db, and past this in:
DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_adminmenuentries`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_calcs`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_calc_categories`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_calc_countries`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_calc_manufacturers`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_calc_shoppergroups`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_calc_states`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_carts`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_categories`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_categories_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_category_categories`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_category_medias`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_configs`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_countries`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_coupons`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_currencies`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_customs`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_invoices`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_manufacturercategories`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_manufacturercategories_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_manufacturers`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_manufacturers_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_manufacturer_medias`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_medias`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_migration_oldtonew_ids`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_modules`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_orders`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_orderstates`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_order_calc_rules`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_order_histories`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_order_items`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_order_userinfos`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_paymentmethods`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_paymentmethods_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_paymentmethod_shoppergroups`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_payment_plg_paypal`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_payment_plg_standard`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_products`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_products_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_product_categories`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_product_customfields`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_product_manufacturers`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_product_medias`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_product_prices`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_product_shoppergroups`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_ratings`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_rating_reviews`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_rating_votes`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_shipmentmethods`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_shipmentmethods_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_shipmentmethod_shoppergroups`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_shipment_plg_weight_countries`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_shoppergroups`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_states`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_userfields`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_userfield_values`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_userinfos`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_vendors`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_vendors_en_gb`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_vendor_medias`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_vendor_users`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_vmusers`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_vmuser_shoppergroups`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_waitingusers`; DROP TABLE `####_virtuemart_worldzones`;

Greeps

Hi jenkinhill,
I followed all the steps and I did not have any problem
QuoteTo uninstall VM in Joomla's extensions manager:
Start by a search for vm - which throws up some plugins. Uninstall those.
Then search for vir - and uninstall everthing there except for VirtueMart_allinone
If you really want to unistall TCPDF (it is used by some other Joomla components) then search for tcpdf and uninstall.
Then use FTP to remove the aio component directories, in components and administrator/components, followed by the remaining VM plugin files in the plugin directory and all files/directories in images/stories/virtuemart
The database still contains the VM data, so if you wish, use phpMyAdmin to drop the ###_virtuemart_xxxxx tables.

But, I have two questions, maybe you can help me:
1. After all, the uninstall/remove files can I able to uninstall VirtueMart_allinone?
2. If I do a plugin search for VM, several plugins are listed, how can I delete/uninstall them?

thank you for your help

Joomla 3.8.10
VM 3.2

jjk

@Greeps
I don't know if it still works after your previous uninstall/delete activity. But normally you can uninstall the AIO and plugins from Joomla when you go to 'Extensions' > 'Manage' > 'Manage'.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations