News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Discount on category applies to all categories

Started by ThijsGaublomme, April 22, 2016, 12:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StefanSTS

Quote from: ThijsGaublomme on April 25, 2016, 18:12:09 PM
In this sector it's possible to have 1 category, for example "Mass Spamming" where some products are at 12% tax and others 21% tax.
So there's no way my taxes can be handled by categories.

Your tax category needs to be an unpublished category, best be called "Tax xy%". This category, you additionally apply to the product. It is not necessary to apply your tax to "Mass Spamming". Here the second category comes into play.

You can use the tax on a "pure" product category if you like, if you only have 21% in one category, but I prefer to apply the hidden tax category to every product.

--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

ThijsGaublomme

I'm sooo very sorry but I can't seem to get it working with an unpublished category.

My prices are ok now, that works when I changed my tax rules with those categories.
But then my discount rule doesn't aply any more...

I think I totaly lost it...

Is there any way the problem could be solved in a next virtuemart version?

franzpeter

So I did create two additional categories, both set as hidden category. The one is for the VAT Tax, which works! The second one is to apply the rule for the shopper group thing (reseller). That is how it should be done in VM. Did in addition link those products, for which I would like to give a reseller discount tp that category too. So did create a new calculation rule for the shopper group reseller and did link the reseller shopper group to that calculation rule and in addition did link the hidden category to those products, where a reseller discount should take place. Because the reseller discount should only show up in cart calculation the calculation rule is set to -%xxx and price modifier before tax per bill. AND:  it occurs like described from ThijsGaublomme. It works only in case of non discount products if there is a reseller discount product in cart. Else the discount gets applied to all products. And that is wrong. >:(

ThijsGaublomme

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you franzpeter!!!!!

I thought I was loosing my mind over this issue.

So if I understand correctly, I don't have to make all these complicated links and extra rules which are linked to other categories etc...
It all works with my simple configuration, which made sence to me.

Just that it doesn't aplly correctly in the cart for the first product if it's not in the discount category.

So this is a bug in the system?

franzpeter

ThijsGaublomme

Ok, lets call it a missing feature (that's kinda allready in it but misses one check...)  ;D

Any idea how we could resolve this missing feature? With a patch or is there a way to report this so it can be looked after for a next version or something else?
It's not urgent for me but should be a nice to have... ;)

I'm terrible at programming and have no clue how I could work arround this or even where to begin searching. :o

StefanSTS

I don't understand, why it is in all depth explained, how it doesn't work. Forget that "per bill" and all will work out.
No need for fixes, that "per bill" was not made for that purpose, that was for easy discounts on a bill.

Use "price modifier before tax". I tried that yesterday, working as expected. If you have the wrong prices showing up, use the prices configuration, there are close to ten different prices you can choose.

--
Stefan Schumacher

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.

ThijsGaublomme

NO, I won't forget that "per bill" because it should work and it works, but as many times explained before, it applies on the first product you put in the cart even if the discount isn't applied to the discount rule.

I use an easy discount per bill, it can't be less easy. discount on bill for applied categories.

Price modifier befor tax does not work and I am in no need to setup all kinds of different workarounds to my webshop with 10000 products which makes it to complicated and time consuming.

The rule stakesthat there is a way to have a discount before tax in the cart/bill.
The reason to do this is that my reseller has to know the normal sales price which he can view in the product.
When billed he gets his discount to let him have the normal price and after discount his purchase price to have a profit on the product he selles again.

If you are so convinced that your way works, prove it to me. please show me in detail (with images please) how you configured your product to have the same end result.

Product should show:
Base price (strikethrough)
Sales price (temporary discounted price)
Normal discount
Additional discount for my reseller

Cart should show:
Base price (strikethrough)
Sales price (temporary discounted price)
Normal discount
Additional discount for my reseller
End sales price (price he has to pay at the end)

If you can manage that without the discount per bill, I'll try the same configuration.
And I'll be thankfull.

Thank you,

Kind regards

StefanSTS

I can only give you a hint, in which direction to go, that's all. The solution for you problem needs a look into your rules and serious time that I don't have at the moment.

Try it in a fresh installation. It will be easier if the old rules do not interfere.

You have to get away from the impression it could work with "per bill". It doesn't work, because it was not intended for this case. If you want to do it with that rule, you can try to contact iStraxx via ticket, so that they add that feature for you, maybe they can do it in one or two hours, but following my hint from before will be cheaper.

Sorry for not being too helpful
Stefan
--
Stefan Schumacher

Studio 42

Hi,
Per bill, is per bill and not per product. Per bill calculation is at end , after product prices for the whole bill(products).
If you don't understand, you cannot fix your problem.
Regards,
Patrick