Subcategories are not visible any more after updating from 3.0.14 to 3.0.16

Started by p.lankhaar, April 16, 2016, 02:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.lankhaar

Dear ,
Today I've updated my installation from Joomla 3.0.14 to 3.0.16.
I have a menu that display two subcategories. After the update the menu displays only a blank screen. No products from my subcategory.
After changing the subcategory to the default highest category, I see directly all my subcategories and my products. When I try to activate the subcategory again, I see only my blank screen back.
I guess it's maybe a problem in the template, but I've tried all templates, but that doesn't matter.

Anyone here can help?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

p.lankhaar

Dear friend,
Today I've tried it again. First I've made a whole new configuration on a new computer with XAMPP PHP 7.0.4.
After that I've updated again from 3.0.14 to 3.0.16 and now I see an error:

Class 'CurrencyDisplay' not found.

Someone any idea?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

p.lankhaar

Sorry!
I want to try to explain it exactly step by step!

I have a category in Virtuemart, and it's called "bandrecorders". Under this category I have several sub-categories with serveral different brands.

Look to this screenshot:

Further I've made in Joomla a Virtuemart category view menu item type, called "bandrecorders".
I've linked it to my Virtuemart category "bandrecorders"

See:

In Virtuemart 3.0.14 it works perfectly! But in 3.0.16 I see the message

Class 'CurrencyDisplay' not found

What's wrong?

When you need more information, I'm glad to answer it.

In advance thanks for all help again,

Studio 42

I think the problem is in your template.
YOu have overides per view and certainly the class is not added in your case in this template.
Check with default template(protostar), if the problem is solved.
If it's the case, you have to add CurrencyDisplay class in YOURSITE\templates\YOURTEMPLATE\html\com_virtuemart\category\default.php
at top of file add
if (!class_exists('CurrencyDisplay'))
require(VMPATH_ADMIN . DS . 'helpers' . DS . 'currencydisplay.php');

If it's not solved, it's perhaps a product(vmcustom) plugin that use this class but do not check for this.

bestcons

This problem was reported before http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=133888.msg464672#msg464672 and a work-around was suggested, which works for me (at least for the moment).

Studio 42

OK, don't had this problem in Vm 3.0.16 for now. But it's really strange that core team have miss this.

p.lankhaar

Milbo

Quote from: Studio 42 on May 07, 2016, 18:06:16 PM
OK, don't had this problem in Vm 3.0.16 for now. But it's really strange that core team have miss this.

The problem was that we had to rush the release due the joomla j3.5.1 email bug.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member