News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Products out of stock orderable - Only since update to VM2.6.16

Started by sandstorm, April 16, 2015, 15:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandstorm

I have had a site working great for over a year & last version was 2.6.12 before update to 2.6.16, but since update notice a problem with products out of stock.

I have parent/child products using the stockable variant plugin.
I have configuration set to show "Notify me" instead of add to cart for out of stock products.

Parent only products that are out of stock, show the "notify me" box.

Child products that are out of stock are fully orderable.

Until I updated a few days ago, this was not the case, when I selected a child product that was out of stock the "notify me" box showed in place of the add to cart button, but seems a bug may have been introduced.

Please can anyone advise how to solve this issue?
Thanks

Andy

J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

sandstorm

I updated to Vm 2.6.18 toady and this problem still persists.
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

Studio 42

Hi,
The core team have decided to remove the plugin in new vm3, this mean the plugin is not updated anymore for new vm releases.

You are not alone using the plugin, perhaps someone want to make the change needed ?

Greets,

Patrick

Milbo

Patrick, the support for vm2.6 is given and in some months the Multivariant will beat anything of the stockable. It does already from my point of view.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Studio 42

Max,
I reply what you answered in another post. Or i have a memory problem?

Milbo

Ehrm, you misunderstand there something.

Vm2.6 is not under active Development, yes. But we still support it. So if there is a security issue, or typo/bug fix, we implement. We just do not search for bugs and grant to solve any bug.

But the feature worked before and he bought a Membership, so we will try to fix it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

sandstorm

Thanks Max!
& glad that this fix may help other's too!

I really hope others sign up as Bronze/Silver/Gold members to help support development of virtuemart.

Patrick  - I know of Multivariant and currently setting up 2 new sites using it, but for this particular problem, upgrading a live site from VM2.6 to VM3 is not possible at the moment
J3.6.4 / PHP7.0.12
VM3.0.16

ifs-net

Hello,

I have a similar problem and need help pls.

I have textile items with sizes like; S(parent item), M(child item), L(child item)

When the parent is out of stock but the children are still existing, at the category view I am having out of stock (notify me) button.

How can I fix that pls ?

What I want is to have notify me or out of stock only ifs all sizes are out of stock.