News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Joomla 3.5, VM 3.0.14 breaks new product pages SOLVED

Started by safire, March 23, 2016, 20:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

safire

(I am a member, order #M024683)

Joomla 3.5, VM 3.0.14.

Did the Joomla/VM upgrades yesterday. Now when I add a new product and create a Joomla menu to the new page, I get a page not found error: (404 - Not found).

Please help. I can provide admin access if necessary.

Craig

Jörgen

Hello

I hope that this isn´t a live site ?

Quote from the download page:
QuoteVirtueMart 3 is the latest stable version available. It is compatible with Joomla! 2.5 and Joomla! 3.4.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

VirtueMart 3.0.14 works just fine with Joomal 3.5, but as Jörgen mentions, we hope you did not simply update a live site. All updates should be tested on a backup copy first.

So you create a Joomla menu item to a product? Is your Joonla template compatible with Joomla 3.5? Are you using a third party SEF extension?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

safire

I created a "test" product and then setup a Joomla menu for product details layout.

The link generated in Menu interface looks like this:

index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=7 (I pasted this into browser, no success either)

Other product IDs display fine (there are only 6 products on the site).

I also created a menu to Category layout, this has same results.

I created template myself and it has been working fine in 3.4.x. Have there been changes to template format in 3.5?

safire

I restored my development site to J 3.4.8/VM 3.0.12.2.

It appears the issue was present here also. I just wasn't aware of it.

My other VM sites are working fine.

I am not using 3rd party SEF extensions. I need to understand what is happening here so I can move forward.

Do you have any insights?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

safire

I got it all working.

The page was not showing because VM was setup not to display page if "out of inventory". I had no inventory specified on my test product page.

Big relief, now I can comfortably upgrade production site!