News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product kits - a developer for new VM feature

Started by maxispin, March 21, 2016, 22:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxispin

I need a developer for a new feature for VM. Product Kits. Result will be shared with the community.

Requirements
- Kit is composed of existing VM Products ('parts')
- Kit is similar to a current VM product
- Kit's price is a sum of its parts/content but it can be overrided
- Kit content is presented as a table in fhe Kit's FE page (Part name | Pieces in the set | VM product's description text | 'free area for text' )

E.g. 

KIT1  28 €
Description concerning KIT....

VM Product A | 1pcs (x 5 €) | .text from VM product's description .. | Some extra info text related to the kit parts|
VM Product B | 2pcs (x 10 €) | ..
VM Product C | 3pcs (X 1 €) | ...

Please PM me for negotiations.

Please see my posts about the topic http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=139222 .

ps. I :o you if you suggest Product Bundle. 
VM 3.0.17.6 | VM 2.0.24c | VM 1.1.9

Studio 42

Hi,
Why not using https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/vm-product-builder for eg.
What is the problem with this plugin(i have understand that you don't want a bundle), so i can define better, what you need to develop ?

maxispin

Quote from: Studio 42 on March 21, 2016, 23:27:33 PM
Hi,
Why not using https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/vm-product-builder for eg.
What is the problem with this plugin(i have understand that you don't want a bundle), so i can define better, what you need to develop ?

Or suggest Product Builder.. :o I have it. It is NOT native and it is badly designed what comes to backend and administration. It's kits are called "Custom Products". I can't link Kits under any group. (E.g., Custom motor cycles, Custom cars,,). Then products inside kits are called Groups (wth..?)

Anyway. If the store is full of kits, you lose ALL superb core functionalities VM offers. For instance, reporting. I don't need report of sub prodcuts, I need report of kits' sales.

I repeat my earlier messages, that this functionality is something that is missing the Core. Magento has it, many other webstore have it. This functionality offers VM to take a big leap to be used in areas you can't use it at the moment. Thus I am even willing to pay (reasonable amount of money to get it for all).

Studio 42

The problem is that if i develop it as a VM feature you have 80% chance, Max dont want add the feature.
So or you pay Max to do it on pay a member subscription to the project, or this need a plugin(and i can do it).

maxispin

Max if you see this, do you have an opinion? we can speak privately also

ciamparix

hello, have you solved? I too have this problem ....

Studio 42

HI ciamparix
I don't know if maxispin have found a solution with max. But i developped an extended product child variant.
See http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/product-child-variants.htm.
This is flexible, can display cart and why not customfields, so with some smart change, you can adapt it for your needs, most time.

maxispin

No, I haven't got any solution. I am Frustrated.

I am more and more convinced that the mother product needs to be linked with sub products. Today a customer asked an add-in-product (let's say t-shirt + bag for those. I have used VM1 with product features. After the order I realized that there I have no clue if I have those add-in-products ("bags") in the inventory.

I will check Studio42's extension. Thanks.

Actually Studio42, if you have interest, please try to create in your own web shop these kits. Then you get idea what I mean. Of course, your products have no inventory but, if you use for instance 99 as an inventory amount of each electronic product then you can play with the idea.

maxispin

Thanks to Studio42 that he took the project to be taken cared professionally!  :D Folks, be aware, Amazing plugin is forthcoming! :) 

I already can highly recommend Studio42 if you have any need related to VM. Clean code and really fast work.  8)

tanolalano

arancebio.it - Organic red Oranges from Sicily

Studio 42

Quote from: tanolalano on September 19, 2016, 16:34:20 PM
Usefull for me too.
Studio42 we are waiting...
It's already finished, but we do some adjustements ;)
Included : auto price calculation(price rules have to be same for main product and products in kit), stock update and control for products in kit ...

gap

Are there any news about this project? When do you plan to release it?

Studio 42

Hi gap, Vm3.0.18 break some code, it's why i don't published the plugin for now.
I don't want loose time each new VM release, so  i only publish it when Vm dev stop to change behavior on each release.
I have to choose, remove the auto price calculator or add all new code for prices in case you use VM3.0.17+.
If i remove price calculation from selected products, my plugin is working.
Note: this problem is not only in my plugin, and some other plugin using same method have the same problem, due to internal vm price calculation, when you try to change it after

Milbo

Quote from: maxispin on March 23, 2016, 15:42:19 PM
Max if you see this, do you have an opinion? we can speak privately also
I did not see this post, yet. What is the problem with the bundle? http://extensions.virtuemart.net/product/product-bundles-detail , The other thing is the review problem. I want to write a new feature, which would combine reviews of the children and show them for the parent.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

K&K media production

Quote from: Studio 42 on November 06, 2016, 21:13:49 PM
I don't want loose time each new VM release, so  i only publish it when Vm dev stop to change behavior on each release.

Which changed behavior on each release? I've no adjustments for all of my extensions for vm 3.0.18.