News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Tax includes: Order email

Started by lindapowers, October 14, 2015, 19:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindapowers

Hi

Since we updated to VM 3.010 in our order emails right under the total appears that text, tax includes:

And no value, I wonder from where does that come and if its supposed to show some value or does it just mean that tax is included.

We use tax type in our rules.

Milbo

hmmm, it is meant to display the complete tax seperated by tax type. In case you have more than one tax. Hmm,
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Appears like this to us, with no values:

Is there a setting for it in backed or something that could affect the display?

Regards

Marin

Hi guys,
Any update on this?

In the invoice_items.php there is the following code:

if(isset($taxBill[$rule->virtuemart_calc_id])){
         $taxBill[$rule->virtuemart_calc_id]->calc_amount += $r->calc_amount;
      } else {
         $taxBill[$rule->virtuemart_calc_id] = $r;

And I paste it because

if($taxBill){
      ?><tr >
         <td colspan="7"  align="right" class="pricePad"><?php echo vmText::_('COM_VIRTUEMART_TOTAL_INCL_TAX') ?> </td>

And according to the language file COM_VIRTUEMART_TOTAL_INCL_TAX="Tax includes:"

So my question is where on the Backend to set this parameter taxBill?

One way would be to "hack" the php file and to remove the code that prints the Tax includes.
Another way might be to modify or override the language file en-GB.com_virtuemart.ini or whatever language you are using and COM_VIRTUEMART_TOTAL_INCL_TAX="", but I haven't tested it yet.

lindapowers

We use the overrides from Spyros https://www.virtuemarttemplates.eu/virtuemart-templates/virtuemart-order-emails.html which show e-mails nice and clean so we never really found out the reason for the issue we posted here some months ago.

Regards

Marin

It is good that you use a third-party product which requires a purchase :) But imagine there are people out there who actually would like to find a solution without paying. Believe me, it is not about the 10 euros, it is about the principle.

SparksArts

It's a Virtuemart bug. We should help them fix it, not work around it.
Richard Sparks, Website Developer

lindapowers

Quote from: Marin on February 21, 2016, 19:58:39 PM
It is good that you use a third-party product which requires a purchase :) But imagine there are people out there who actually would like to find a solution without paying. Believe me, it is not about the 10 euros, it is about the principle.

Oh you want it all for free, good luck in the virtuemart world ;)

Quote from: SparksArts on February 21, 2016, 20:09:31 PM
It's a Virtuemart bug. We should help them fix it, not work around it.

Good, waiting for your fix so they can add it to the core.

Milbo

I think that is solved already. Did someone test this with vm3.0.13.4 ?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

betterlead

I still got it. I am sorry to say.
Have 3.0.13.4. But remember, you installed special fix for me. Perhaps...

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

Live site runs on Joomla 3.9.24 & VM 3.8.6 10373

PHP: 7.3.26

lindapowers

I can't check if the tax display in list mode still happens in the emails since we use the overrides by Spyros but what I noticed after updating from 3.0.12 to 3.0.14 is that in the order details in the backend you now get the listing of the tax of each product as the image shows.