News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VirtueMart Home Page Settings

Started by conti, January 24, 2016, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conti

Hi categories; on the front page, because from the VirtueMart configuration versione3 Home Page Settings no longer works?
tried it on joomla2 on both the 3 and on any template?

the previous version vm2 up the latest works correctly.
does anyone know if there is any particular reason or a bag and forgot that you are carrying around?
Thank you

jenkinhill

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=128401.0
and please try to explain better your problem, as it has got lost in translation.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

conti

sorry because the current version to the configurazioneVirtueMart Home Page the vm3 Settings stopped working? tried on joomla 2.5.28 be upon 3.4.8 for links are localela previous version vm2 up the latest works correctly. does anyone know if there is any particular reason or a bag and forgot that you are carrying around? thanks 

-------
scusate
perche dalla versione vm3 fino a quella attuale la configurazione
VirtueMart Home Page Settings non funziona più?
provato su joomla2.5.28 sia  su 3.4.8
per il link sono in locale

la versione precedente vm2 fino l'ultima funziona corettamente.
qualcuno sa se c'è un motivo particolare oppure e un bag dimenticato che si stanno portando dietro?
grazie

Rob3DSands

Hi,
Php Version 5.5.31, Joomla! 3.4.8 ,VirtueMart 3.0.12

site URL: http://kazooni.com/
page URL with content in question: http://kazooni.com/index.php/store

Where are the controls for the store Virtuemart Home Page Settings located?  I looked in Virtuemart>Configuration>Shopfront and do not see them. (see pic)

I need to gain control of how many products display and would like to see the titles "Top 10 products", "recent products", "latest products". I would also like to be able to control   how many items in each row.  (see pic)

Thank you.

jenkinhill

The problems are with your Artisteer template which is a well known source of layout, style & function problems. It may be a cheap way to generate templates but you end up with non-standard Joomla coding.  The template overrides are probably not allowing the normal homepage controls to work.

The product type titles are there - eg <h4>Featured Products</h4>  but your template css has the h4 display color set to white, so they are invisible.

Switch the Joomla template to Protostar and see if you can now set the layout using the normal Config/Templates/VirtueMart Home Page Settings controls.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

conti

ciao
io non uso artister x creare tempplate per cui il mio post iniziale  resta il problema ,  il mio template lo creato io da zero ma resta il fatto che le impostazioni non vengono prese
, neppure usando un template di default di joomla.
----
Hi I don't use artister x create tempplate so my initial post remains the problem, my template created from scratch but the fact remains that the settings are not taken, not even using a default template joomla.

jenkinhill

My reply was to Rob3DSands who hijacked this thread.

Settings in Configuration/Templates can be overriden within each individual category config and may also be affected by the size of the maincontent display div.  But you posted no URL for anyone to see what is happening.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

conti

ciao
se dici a me per url no , sono  in locale.
provato anche su server nulla da fare le impostazioni non le prende , prende sempre quelle base  ma non quelle della home di vm.
domanda avete provato se le impostazioni vengono prese? oppure sono solo io ?
grazie
-----
Hi if you tell me no, url are locally.
also tried on servers to do anything the settings don't take, always takes those base but not those of the home of the vm.
question have you tried if the settings are made? or is it just me?
Thank you

Rob3DSands

Oops.

The controls are under Virtuemart>Configuration>Templates.

jenkinhill

@conti I have never had problems with homepage configuration with any VirtueMart version that I have used.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

conti

ciao
allora spiegami perche dall vm3 fino a quella attuale ora in uso la configurazione  home page di virtuemat non viene impostata?
anchio fino all'ultima di vm2  non ho avuto problemi ma dalla vm3 non si settano le impostazioni.
oh sono io che sbaglio qualcosa oppure qualcosa non funziona.
creo  voce menu  come home page di vm
in configurazione oh 10 per riga come vedete dalla immagine ma nulla prende le impostazioni del base che sono 7 per riga

oh una categoria primcipale che del sotto categorie in teoria la visione dorebbe  essere 10 la principale per riga  e 7 per riga la sotto categoria visto che la seconda categoria esce dalla home .
nel vm2 funziona benessimo  sia la home page se impostata a 10 per riga e la sotto categoria a 7 per riga.
----
Hi so explain to me why from vm3 until that current now in use virtuemat home page configuration is not set?
anchio until the last of vm2 I had no problems but from vm3 doesn't set the settings.
Oh am I something wrong or something is not working.
I create vm home page in configuration menu item as oh 10 per line as you see from the picture, but nothing takes the basic settings that are 7 by line main Web category sub categories in which oh theory watching 10 7 main line and to be raced for the line under category as the second category comes out of the home.
in the vm2 works if set to 10 homepage, lovely atmosphere. both by line and under category 7 per row.