News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Email Confirmation layout problems with column width

Started by amymattian, November 30, 2015, 16:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amymattian

Hi,
I've tried searching from the forum, but could not find any clear answer how to edit the confirmation templates (or even where those are).

We are using J3.5 and V3.0.9.

Problem is that the confirmation email template seems to partly put some fields on 2 separate lines. I think it is due to the short words like "Vero" ("Tax"), which in Finnish has 4 letters. If the tax is for example "3.85 €" this would require 6 letters. In this case the " €" goes to the second line. This kind of behaviour causes many fields to be on 2 lines due to short words.

I think this is more of a development issue than individual templatating issue, this why I put the info here rather than to templating category. I think this requires changes in the core-virtuemart and not so that each user must do those changes to each individual shop. I hope this will be taken into consideration in the future development of Virtuemart.

One option would be to have the emails same way editable as the header and footer parts are in the Shop/Shop/Emails page.

I would also take off the currency-sign from all but the last sum (it is mostly the currency sign that does not fit).

I would also make the fields to have a minimum letters and not to go according to the title-letters.

Hope these can be taken into consideration and some changes to be done in the future editions of VM.

Can someone tell me where to find instructions:
1) where are the currect emaiil-templates (note am not a coder so...)
2) are there instructions how to do the editing of those files/themes?

- Anne

SnakeFFM

Hi Anne,

in order to do that you need to use template overrides... as far as I can see the views are mostly located in: 1) components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice

Whereas you have to use overrides for several files.

Overrides follow known joomla procedures... however, I think there are several other threads and eben an extension (below $10) to customize everything...

jenkinhill

Assuming you are using the default VirtueMart templates the file that displays the product table is components/com_virtuemart/views/invoice/tmpl/invoice_items.php

This is a table that has the column widths defined in the template as a percentage of the total table width, and the table is set to display at 100% of the available viewing container.  In your example the first cloumn is SKU which should be 5% os the total width and next the Product Name column should be 38% of the total width, which is not how yours is displaying.  I think the title words are pulling the table wdths, so if you use language overrides for the wider columns, especially Tuotetunnus, for a shorter word or abbreviation then that may make a difference.  The constant for that is COM_VIRTUEMART_ORDER_PRINT_SKU.    http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=113895.0

This assumes that you are not already using template overrides.

For security reasons you should now be using VM3.0.12
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

you should also add white-space: nowrap; to the css affecting the table cells or what is in them to prevent the currency symbol wrapping

or have a look here.  Spyros has done it all for you..  https://www.virtuemarttemplates.eu/virtuemart-templates/virtuemart-order-emails.html
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation