Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Totals not showing in checkout, only price and tax

Started by websmith, December 01, 2015, 00:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

websmith

Joomla Version 2.5.28

Virtuemart 3

Is it possible to just have the product price show, and sales tax NOT show until the customer logs in (only collecting sales tax from customers within our state), and have just the price and shipping show in totals until customer logs in?

Right now my product price shows and sales tax shows in checkout area, but no totals. If I check finalprice in configuration, it shows the price plus tax under product as well. I want just the product base price under product.

I dont want to show a potential customer my product price PLUS sales tax that they may not have to pay. Tax should not show until after they login.

websmith

I simply cannot understand or figure out how to just show the product price on product details page without sales tax or total price.
I only want sales tax and totals price to be displayed in the cart area. These seems so basic but I cannot get this to work no matter what I try.

jenkinhill

You can do this simply with template overrides, but have you tried setting the tax "Type of Arithmetic Operation" to Tax per bill?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

websmith

Thank you very much. The tax per bill added tax on shipping as well. So that almost worked, but the DBTaxBill seemed to work well.
Yes we had country and state entered in for tax.

Thank you very much for the quick help.