News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

paid checkbox in administrator

Started by jarlu, October 30, 2019, 09:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarlu

Hello, please can you help me with setting paid checkbox in VM administrator? I have own order status for paid orders and I need change settings when VM set that order was paid for other order status than confirmed. Thx.

AH

This is available via a hidden configuration  set in the file:-

administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.cfg

using a setting of:

os_trigger_paid=array:C|newstatus|newstatus

To activate the setting - after you have updated your .cfg details

Go to admin/config and just hit save - then new values will override the defaults  used by the system
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jarlu

Thank you, it works. How I can set it for more than one order status? Thanks

AH

This is a value that has to be manually added to

the file:

administrator\components\com_virtuemart\virtuemart.cfg

using a setting of:

os_trigger_paid=array:C|newstatus|newstatus

To activate the setting - after you have updated your .cfg details

Go to admin/config and just hit save - then new values will override the defaults  used by the system

https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/206-hidden-configurations.html
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jarlu

Yes I know, it works but is it possible set paid for more than one status? For example for C or Z status?

AH

That is what I am pointing you to do

os_trigger_paid=array:C|Z

will set paid for status C and or Z
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jarlu

Thank you, I thought that os_trigger_paid=array:C|newstatus|newstatus is strict structure. Now I understend, what newstatus says :D

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

:-)

I wonder if we should make it a normal config. I wrote here an explanation for that http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=143733.0

By the reaction of Jarlu, I see that he struggled the same logic problem as I did. Almost any order status can be paid or partial paid, so I added this extra field. Jarlu, I am very interested in your report.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jarlu

Hello Milbo, I think that normal config is important, because now I don't know which order status is the default for setting up paid orders.
I use speciffic order status for customer to information about their payment. If I accept order I set to order only confirmed status. I use speciffic payments metods (cash on delivery, cardpay, bank transfer payment). When customer select cardpay or bank transfer payment and payment is succesfful VM change order status to "confirmed and paid". Now customer know that, its payment was corrent.

In topic which you sent me, you wrote about refund payments. For this case, I edited the delivery note to a credit note. When customer return only part of order I set status on returned products "partical refund" and my delivery note generate for me credit note (.pdf) (this is without refund shipping and payment fees). When customer refund all products I set "refund" for all order and now I generate credit note with full price of order (product price with all shipment and payments fees - it is law in our country for eshops).

Milbo

Good. But your credit notes should now be done by VM. You may test it. just set an order to refund and create a new invoice, you should get a credit note.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

jarlu

Yes VM create credit notes, but I need to distinguish if the customer has returned all or part of the ordered products. Because when customer return all products I have to refund all fees (price of products, shipment and payment fees)