News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Generating orders without verifying payment

Started by Mari828, November 20, 2015, 01:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mari828

Hi,

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. I just took over a new store and am not a technical developer. I have no experience with virturmart or joomla.

I have Joomla 2.5.14,  Virturmart version 2.0.24

The store has been up and running for some time now, but a new glitch was discovered recently.

Virtuemart is generating orders without first verifying payment through our authorize.net account. As soon as the first part of the checkout screen is completed (just name and address) and you click the "confirm purchase" button and order is generated & can be seen in the order screen. Payments are accepted on the next page through the authorize.net SIM plugin, which is functional, but somehow not required to generate the order?

How can I stop virtuemart from generating orders before credit card information is collected and confirmed?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

baoquocmt159

Hi,

I think you should learn more about configuration, maybe it will be solve problem.

Thanks

GJC Web Design

For a start both your Joomla and VM are wildly out of date and insecure....

You should be on the most recent of both .. test and read first how to do this.. plenty of info here..  test on a clone site

Orders are of course created as soon as you click confirm... it is the Status that matters...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation