Which APIs should I use to develop an integration tool between VM3 & Salesforce?

Started by tommyhulbert128, May 17, 2016, 03:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyhulbert128

Hi all,

Our startup business is to sell clothings both online & offline. We use Salesforce to manage our customer base and Magento as e-commerce platform. Now we intend to move from Magento to VirtueMart as Magento is too slow and buggy.

That's why we also want to develop the integration system between VirtueMart & Salesforce just like the integration tool we are using now: magento salesforce. It will save us so much time if the date of 2 systems (VirtueMart & Salesforce) can be integrated.

The mapping fields we have finalized are:
+ Name
+ SKUs
+ Email
+ Shipping Address

And there are 5 more fields we are discussing. So what I want to ask is what APIs in VM3 that can help me develop this integration tool for the 2 systems?

PRO

Quote from: tommyhulbert128 on May 17, 2016, 03:42:35 AM

And there are 5 more fields we are discussing. So what I want to ask is what APIs in VM3 that can help me develop this integration tool for the 2 systems?

what fields do you need?

franzpeter

I do not know about Magento but what does Salesforce do? Does it reacts on a special action in a shopping cart for example after finished order process to get values?

GJC Web Design

if you need to "do something" after a sale is confirmed etc look into building a plugin that utilises functions such as

plgVmOnUpdateSingleItem ($data, $order)
plgVmConfirmedOrder ($cart, $order)
plgVmOnUpdateOrderPayment ($data,$old_order_status)

etc

these i use in my export plugins etc
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

Quote from: franzpeter on May 17, 2016, 20:36:40 PM
I do not know about Magento but what does Salesforce do? Does it reacts on a special action in a shopping cart for example after finished order process to get values?

I think it's a CRM or ERP, similar to vtiger or sugar crm.

For the API, Virtuemart say, you can use an api, but it's not a real api as you mean.
So no connection with JSON returned datas. But you can develop it easy, if you know Joomla(framework or CMS). And why not using nodeJS.
If you need to get back stock changes, this is possible on using plugins as explained by GJC Web Design, but this is when you use Virtuemart to follow Online sales and not use sales force(or only for stock changes) because you need to confirm data so a cron task should be a better solution.