News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

New Multi Variant Filter Search

Started by easypony, November 05, 2015, 23:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easypony

Hi

We are using the new Multi Variant custom field and it seems to working well.

We now require a filter search based on the fields and values set through the Multi Variant.

There are quite a few filter search modules available but I cannot find anything that can work with the Multi Variant.

As this is nowadays practically a mandatory requirement for e-commerce stores can someone point me to a solution for the Multi Variant.

I would appreciate any advise.

Thank you
Steve

Milbo

You must set the String custom. In the customedit view is a dropdown to select a "string custom", which is automatically created. This string should be hidden, it is just for searches. Other values, which do not need a lable, like length, weigth are stored with the product already and searches can find it.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

balai

Max that's interesting.

It would be great if it creates a different custom field for each attribute.
This way filtering could be used

easypony

Hi

I do not follow sorry.

I do not understand this statement.

QuoteYou must set the String custom. In the customedit view is a dropdown to select a "string custom", which is automatically created

My steps to create the Multi Variant.

After creating a custom field with the "Custom Field Type:" 'Multi Variant' and saving there is a label "String Customfield" but there are no options for this?

With the multi Variant in the product I then add two Ramifications of "Size" and "Color".

I then wish to be able to filter search on size and color.

I have attached a screenshot of what I have.

I appreciate your Assistance
Thank you
Steve

Milbo

You must create a custom "String", so that you can select it. I think it must be not "input".
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

easypony

Hi

I see, so what you are saying is the newly created custom field( for example I have now made one and called it "String for search") once selected/associated with the Multi Variant custom field through "String Customfield" dropdown (now available to select)  will take on the values set by the Multi Variants' ramifications in my case "Size" and "Color".

So should the Multi Variant ramifications (in my case "Size" and "Color") now work just like a normal custom field and be available for some of the filter search modules/components to access?

Or have I the wrong idea.

I want to be able to check a checkbox fro S or M or L or XL maybe Black, Red or white and have the products that contain those ramifications (parent or child) be displayed.

I am hoping I am making sense here.

Would you be able to expand on how this association between Multi Variant and string custom field works?

Again thank you
Steve