News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Build Product from Many Parts - Backend only, reporting

Started by kiwigal, November 05, 2015, 07:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwigal

Hi there

I want to be able to list products, however each of these products is made up of a range of parts I want to specify - the product BOM has all the parts required to make the one "finished" product.

To manage inventory and production, I want to be able to run a report that will give me an output of all the parts used in a consolidated report.

ie: If Product A uses parts 1, 2 and 3(x2) and Product B uses parts 2, 3 and 4 - I want to be able to create a consolidated report that will show me details.  Then based on the  number of orders we receive, be able to show me how many parts of each we need.  Example

Part Number - Total Orders   Total Part Count Across All Orders
1                      5                     5
2                      2                     2
3                      3                     6

In some of the product builds, they may require 2 of a particular component, so the report needs to multiply the total number of components required for all orders, based on each product BOM.

Does anyone have an idea about how this could be created as a product?

balai

QuoteI want to be able to list products, however each of these products is made up of a range of parts I want to specify
Have you implemented that and you are missing the report tool? If yes how did you implemented it?

Kind Regards,
Sakis

kiwigal

balai

For the parts you can use a tool like Product Builder
https://breakdesigns.net/extensions/vm-product-builder

For the report tool i don't think that you will find something that will give you a report about how many kits of this and that was sold.
This is very specific requirement.
So maybe you have to develop a custom solution or limited to the existing reporting tools about how many products was sold