[SOLVED]multilingual: product name of the child change to default language

Started by CinOrian, September 01, 2015, 09:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CinOrian

VM : 3.0.9 - 3.0.9.4
Joomla : 3.4.3

Bug on a fresh install.
Example: in English with French language installed.
Create a product. Example : A car
Then create a custom field "child generic variant". Cart attribute "yes". Example : color.
In the parent, add the custom field. Create two children: "blue car" and "red car".
In every child switched to French to rename the blue car and red car. Example : "blue car" -> "voiture bleu" and "red car" -> "voiture rouge". Everything is working.

But: When opening the parent and switch to French. The change of the field "Custom" "Product Name" is not done properly, it remains at "blue car - red car" instead of changing into "voiture bleu - voiture rouge". Virtuemart keeps the default language value in this field. Result, when recording the parent, name of children is changed.

Regards.

CinOrian

hi,
Sorry I forget the greetings in the first post, and sorry for my bad english.

Please, is someone can confirm he has the same problem and it's a virtuemart bug ?

Regards.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

CinOrian

Hi Milbo,

Yes i know that and i use it for the title of the custumfields.
Perhaps i don't understand this "functionality" but.
From my example, when you open the parent product "car", go to "child products" tab and change language to French:
"Product Child Name" is good, but "Custom-Product Name" value stay in default language, i think virtuemart do not load the good language value.
Look at my attachment.
And when you save parent, "Product Child Name" is change for the two children and become "red car" and "blue car" instead of staying "voiture rouge" "voiture bleu"

regards

CinOrian

Hi
I change the title of the post because it wasn't clear.
I showed Alatak my problem, and she thinks that it is a bug.
Is anybody can test and confirm, please ?

Regards

alatak

Hello

I said, i was going to check ;)
I checked and for me it works...
contact me via skype, we will do it together :)

alatak

Hi,

I  rechecked, and yes I confirm for me there is also a problem.
I have shown Max how to reproduce.

GJC Web Design

This isn't a solution but noticed the exact same thing on an ajax category drill down module I made

Any call to a function by ajax seems to ignore the session lang on J3.. I don't remember this problem on J2.5

I could only solve in this case by passing the lang tag thru the call to the VM function (cat childs) and hacking the function to set the VMlang with the tag
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

CinOrian

Problem is solve in virtuemart 3.0.10.

Thank you very much to the virtuemart team.  ;D