News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product pricing for parents and child bugs?

Started by MarioP, October 20, 2015, 10:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioP

Hi there
I see couple of things, not necessarily bugs but at least strange ones for me

Parent:
1. An additional price ('add new price' feature) with the 'start date' optional parameter seems doesn't work.
For example we set two prices (in order to make the second one mandatory from fixed date):
1 with the 'End date' let's say:  10/01/15
2 with the same 'Start date' 10/01/15

Outcome: the new price is visible for parent but it doesn't turn up in the dropdown list for child ('Display parent as option' selected) - we have to delete the first price (with 'End date') manually in order to gain that result.

Child:
1. The same problem as for parent  - not working 'Start/End date'  for an additional price
2. We're not able to change the price for children without doing that in the parent:
Example:
- we've been changing the price for children, we've saved it  - it's ok
- we save the parent  - the price for children returns to the previous one...
Why?:
- alter of the price for child doesn't change anything in the parent's tab 'Child product'.  I mean the 'Cost price' field - so what we have to do is to change the price in that field manually in order to gain the desired result....

VM 3.0.11
J! 3.4.4

Milbo

Quote from: MarioP on October 20, 2015, 10:19:26 AM
Example:
- we've been changing the price for children, we've saved it  - it's ok
- we save the parent  - the price for children returns to the previous one...
Why?:
- alter of the price for child doesn't change anything in the parent's tab 'Child product'.  I mean the 'Cost price' field - so what we have to do is to change the price in that field manually in order to gain the desired result....

Because you must use F5 to get the new price of the child to the parent tab. The thing with the date is, maybe the border problem. So if you set 1.1.2015, does it mean from including the 1.1 or excluding.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

MarioP

Quote from: Milbo on October 20, 2015, 14:56:58 PM
Because you must use F5 to get the new price of the child to the parent tab.
Hmm.. in fact yes, that works but not in the case I've described (2 prices with time border)...
Quote from: Milbo on October 20, 2015, 14:56:58 PM
So if you set 1.1.2015, does it mean from including the 1.1 or excluding.
I don't understand exactly what you mean....  All in all the thing (start/end parameter) works well apart from the parent and children...