Performance isues with all JS files being loaded

Started by Meton, November 30, 2015, 11:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meton

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of installing the following plugin: ScriptMerge. This will merge all CSS and JS files in to 1 file. This will save the amount of requests (blocking) that your server has to process.

Question, before i install this plugin does anyone have a better idea on how to solve this issue? Currently my site is loading 18 JS files, moving them before and after the fold is kinda hard to do.

Kind regards,

Meton
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

GJC Web Design

ha ha.. good luck .. in my experience everyone of these Js compilers/shifters breaks something

18 sounds about right

how big are they? they are cached after the first load
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Meton

Quote from: GJC Web Design on November 30, 2015, 11:55:53 AM
ha ha.. good luck .. in my experience everyone of these Js compilers/shifters breaks something

18 sounds about right

how big are they? they are cached after the first load

Yep made a backup, installed the plugin. BADA BING BADA BOOM........ eh broke the site :P

Quotehow big are they? they are cached after the first load
Yes they are cashed, and no they are'nt to big but the server will have to wait on every one of them. For one of my plugins Mootools is loaded, with the calender.js, core model etc... currently looking for a alternative plugin that uses a different framework like jquery or boostrap.

Kind regards,

Meton
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18

Meton

The plugin who uses the mootools and all related JS is custom filters PRO.

The total site loads in 1.02 seconds (cache disabled)
All JS from Custom filter Pro is responsible for .50 sec.

Tryed to combine those with the plugin but unfortunatly that does not work...

Kind regards,

Meton
Joomla!         3.6.5
VirtueMart     3.0.18