News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

[SOLVED]Custom Field Limitations for a Product[SOLVED]

Started by disco_dancer, August 14, 2015, 06:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco_dancer

Hello
I am using VirtueMart 3.0.9 with Joomla 3.4.3 and I am facing a strange problem.
I need to add a product with about 60 Custom fields, it works fine till 30 and after that it will not save. When I hit the Save button after adding all those Custom Fields, I am redirected back to VM Control Panel/Dashboard..
Is there any limitations in the number of custom field for  a product or is it some kind of bug?

Please help

Thanks.

Studio 42

Hi,
This can be php settings.
check in this order :
max_input_vars,(if many vars, this is your case)
post_max_size,(global posted var max size)
max_input_nesting_level,(if big array)
max_execution_time,(shoud give a blank page)
upload_max_filesize(only for file upload)

disco_dancer

Hello
I have the following values for the said settings
max_input_vars, -- Local Value - 1000, Master Value- 1000
post_max_size, --- Local Value - 8M, Master Value- 8M
max_input_nesting_level, --- Local Value - 64, Master Value- 64
max_execution_time, --- Local Value - 30, Master Value- 30
upload_max_filesize --- Local Value - 32M, Master Value- 32M

Which settings should I change and with which value?
Please suggest

Thanks a lot

Studio 42

Hi
Try to raise "max_input_vars" to 10000
When you set one customefield value in virtuemart, you have perhaps 10 value send(or more).
At least you have : ordering,custom_id,product_customfield_id,price,value,type,admin_only...
I think you break the max number of value max limit

disco_dancer

Studio42, You are a life saver...
That works like a charm.. Thanks a ton..

Geppux

I have a similar problem... but where I can find these values? in php.ini? and what can I do If I don't have access to php.ini? I inserted max_input_vars, -- Local Value - 10000, Master Value- 10000 in the .htaccess file but not working, thank you.
Giuseppe

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Studio 42

Some host block this, but you can check with hoster, perhaps you can change it by PHP or the host change it for you.

Geppux

I installed the site in local so I was able to change the max_input_vars to 10000 but this didn't solved the problem, still exiting without saving when trying to set up the the multivariant custom field... other suggestions?
Giuseppe

Studio 42

You need to raise post_max_size too.
Check post before.

Geppux

Ah ok, I thought there was only one parameter to change of this list:
max_input_vars,(if many vars, this is your case)
post_max_size,(global posted var max size)
max_input_nesting_level,(if big array)
max_execution_time,(shoud give a blank page)
upload_max_filesize(only for file upload)

And the other values? are ok the default one?
Thank you.
Giuseppe

Studio 42

I only can say," try and check".
I have product with 20 customfields working with my hoster.
post_max_size is so to say the size of the datas max size send by your browser.
If you have already a big input in the product desc+many customfields, this can break.
max_input_vars is the number of variable send in your form
max_input_nesting_level is the array max levels eg an array in a form can be product[size][min][10][45][]
upload_max_filesize should be same size as post_max_size in most case

Geppux

I don't think my problem is connected with the values of this list; I increased, also in big amount, all of them locally but I'm still not able to save the multivariant child custom field of my product.
I tell you all what I have done and may be you have other ideas:
I created a parent product, then I created 104 childs. In the parent I created the multivariant custom field with 2 variants AND WAS WORKING!
Then I saw that the products weren't in order in the drop down window in the site so I deleted the multivariant custom field in the parent product in order to have the Child List that disappear when you create a multivariant custom field  and I created a new child that I forget (so now the child are 105) I ordered the child in the parent's Child Products Tab (here I had another problem because the program shows a list maximum of the first 81 childs so I had to order starting from 201 to 305 in order to be able to number all the 105 childs) then I tried to create the multivariant custom field but now, when I save, the program exit going to the vm control panel.
I don't know what else to do, can you help me? thank you.
Giuseppe

Geppux

I wan to tell you another strange thing that happens about custom fields also when it works correctly...
when I go in the custom field tab of a product, I choose a multivariant as Type of Field and I save the page reload and I have all the menu on top but the page is blank (Please look the attached file). In order to have the normal page I have to click on the product data tab and then on custom fields tab again and the page display normally and then I can go on. This happens both on my site on-line and in the local copy of the site, that is http://mulligan.it

Geppux

I set locally these values:

max_input_vars,10000
post_max_size,128M
max_input_nesting_level,2048
max_execution_time,500
upload_max_filesize 128M

but no way to save my product with 105 child... are there other parameters to set? Or may be I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Giuseppe