News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Can't edit/save products with custom fields

Started by Piszi, July 05, 2015, 16:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piszi

Hello,

Recently I wanted to edit some prducts because the manufacturer changed some specs, but when I click any button like, save, save & close, close the page redirects to the VM controllpanel and of course the changes aren't saved.
These products have about 150 custom field options mostly image type and a few cart variations type(this one has predefined options).
And another thing I saw is that for the cart variation type options it doesn't loads all the propper values when editing which were saved originally. I checked the database and there I see the correct values.

What could be problem?
Oh and the VM version is 2.0.24 and J! version is 2.5.16, I did not update it because I had no problems with it until now, and I made a core modification for the calculation rule and I didn't wanted to re-do those for the newer version(s).

Studio 42

Hi,
It's very hard to know what is wrong, especially if you modified the core.
If the redirection was good before(you have always set some product as i read) then, you have include yourself the bug, you added a plugin changing how your save/redirection work, you got hacked.

The best is to update to last 2.x because this includes security updates. I don't think someone can help you with an obselete release.
Of course this need some time, but you win at end

Greets,
Patrick
Patrick

jenkinhill

Difficult to know with such an old version which you have already modified.

As Patrick mentions, you should consider the possibility of the site being hacked, as both VM and Joomla versions are old and known to be insecure.

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

artwebco

Hello,

Here the same problem.
I use VirtueMart 3.0.9.4, I don't have modified VM core. On one single product I have about 86 custom form fields I want to add plus 5 fields but it stuck, when I click save it redirect to VM index and can't to save the changes of the fields. any help please?

Thank you in advance.

jenkinhill

@artwebco you don't have sufficient php resources on the server, you most likely need to increase the value for max_input_vars in php.ini   See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=131069
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum