News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Creating Different Product Sizes and Prices Using "Multi Variant"

Started by zinco, July 15, 2015, 16:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zinco

I am in need of very basic help.  I have read the manuals/ tutorials and searched the forums but can't seem to find what I am looking for.  The forum posts seem to be problems and I am just looking for how to set things up.

My site is quite simple.  I sell photography prints and would like to have a drop down menu that displays a variation of sizes and prices on the same product.

I am the only vendor and there are no manufacturers.

All my products are created as parents.  There are no children.

I tried creating a custom field "Generic Child Variant" and on the product I don't get any options.  Probably because it is a parent product.

I created a custom field "Multi Variant" and I do get options on the Product page but am unsure how to set them up or if it is possible to do what I want with this method.

I can make my parent products uncatagorized and create children if I need to.

I would like to have customers be able to choose a size and price option on the same parent product.  For example in a single product, choose from a drop down, and add to cart the proper size and price they want.

12 x 8 = $32.00
18 x 12 = $67.00
24 x 16 = $110.00

I thought I would ask before I do a bunch of trial and error because I am sure many people have done what I want to do.

Thanks for any help.

AH

Do you need stock control for this

If not - this free plugin option may be simple and what you might need

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127362.0
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

zinco

No i have no need for stock control as I only send to a professional printer and they drop ship.  Unlimited supply.

I will check out the plugin.  Thank you very much for your response.

zinco

Hutson I see you were an active participant in that thread.  Thanks so much to you and Pro.

Installed and did an initial test and working beautifully so far.

AH

I should be active - I created it for VM2 and VM3 from the Pro original   :)

Glad you found it a useful solution
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0