News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Account maintenance lack in warning messages

Started by trifanfan, March 31, 2015, 00:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trifanfan

Hi,

I am on Joomla! 3.4.1 + VirtueMart 3.0.6.2  and on page virtuemart account maintenance
When I try to create a new account (registration) and that:

1) I enter an username already existing or an email not correct (no @ or no .com...) I have no warning/error message triggered.
The page seems to load everything properly but no user created and no message.
But an error line is added in the file com_virtuemart_log.php which informed the email is invalid or the username is already used.
the tags <jdoc:include type="modules" name="position-3" style="xhtml" />       <jdoc:include type="message" />    <jdoc:include type="component" />     are present in my index.php of my template.

2) If I click on create an account without to fill any field I correctly get informed  by the block message of the fields required empty.
Execption of 'I agree to the Terms of Service' which even if mandatory with the star are not part of the message.
And 'State / Province / Region' dropdown list which get highlighted in red even if not mandatory - but not part of the missing field in error text block.

My query is how to get the information to the customer that he has used an existing username and to check the email and to inform when invalid.
And also to make 'I agree to the Terms of Servic' part of the message as mandatory and to clear the red highlight around the 'State / Province / Region' when not mandatory.

Cheers,