News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Weird behaviour Warning cart shipment/payment

Started by Margriet, March 16, 2015, 11:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Margriet

Instructions to reproduce:
Make payment method and shipment method and set country for both. Order product and go to cart. English warning is ok:

Dutch translation shows the same warning twice:

I checked the language files, but can't find any errors. Translation is present, but somehow not shown.
COM_VIRTUEMART_NO_PAYMENT_METHODS_CONFIGURED="Er is geen betaalmethode geconfigureerd %1$s"
COM_VIRTUEMART_NO_PAYMENT_METHODS_CONFIGURED="No payment method has been configured %1$s"

VM 3.0.6.2
Joomla 3.4.0

jjk

I just had a look at the dutch language files and don't see an error either. It displays COM_VIRTUEMART_CART_ENTER_ADDRESS_FIRST="Vul AUB eerst uw adres in"
If you enable 'Debug System' and 'Debug Language' in Joomla configuration, does it show a language parsing error at the bottom of cart view?
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Margriet

No parsing errors, untranslated strings shows this, but it doesn't make sense to me:

jjk

I think this is not a problem with your dutch language file. Please check the configuration of your shipment and payment methods in both languages. If I understand the code correctly VM first checks if there is a shipment method configured and then checks if there is a payment method configured. In both cases it displays "Please enter your address first" if the BillTo address is empty. Maybe you just need to configure a payment method for 'English' countries.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

Margriet

Correct. So it's just not very nice that the same warning text is shown twice, but indeed it has nothing to do with translation.

Thx!
And I should have searched the forum first. Sorry. Same problem here.