News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Problem with shared categories multi vendor vm 3.0.6

Started by studio42, March 12, 2015, 16:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studio42

Hi,
I and some other french users have problem to share categories.
You have to set vendor adminstrator managed shop to share categories and go back to use as standard multi vendor.

Each time you have something to share it's the same problem.

Thank for answer and to fix it.

Studio 42.
free virtuemart tools : shop.st42.fr

Milbo

Hello Patrick, wb :-)

At the moment the sharing is only allowed for administrators. You want allow users to share their own categories. Atm there is no ACL for that.

Some multivendor ideas want that it your way, others not. It is not easy. Atm I think for your case it is the best to add the ACL hack yourself.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

studio42

A simple solution is to always display shared button on the list (or add the option in config to have the choice).
Because the problem is that you cannot add non shared categories at all, if you don't use multi vendor administrated mode to toggle the categories and return back to standard mode.

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

studio42

Hi,
I'm talking about vm 3.0.6.
I use on my site 2.6 because i have no time to modify my own plugins and template for now.

As i said it's not for me, but for other sites and user from french forum, having same problem. But i tested myself with the same result

For me i know how to change this. I don't need any help.

Milbo

Quote from: studio42 on March 12, 2015, 16:46:38 PM
I and some other french users have problem to share categories.

Quote from: studio42 on March 12, 2015, 22:14:50 PM
Because the problem is that you cannot add non shared categories at all, if you don't use multi vendor administrated mode.

There is my problem. You dont need to share categories, if you are not in the multivendor mode. So why they need to share them?

studio42

If you set multi vendor administrated in config, each vendor can change the vendor. In the other case  NOT multi vendor administrated,the vendor can only add products in front.
But You have to share the categories else in product front edit you don't see any categories !
The problem is in NOT multi vendor administrated you cannot share categories.

studio42

A simple way, is to chage in administrator\components\com_virtuemart\views\category\tmpl\default.php:
<?php if($this->showVendors()){ ?>
<th>
<?php echo $this->sort'cx.category_shared' 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHARED'?>
</th>
<?php ?>

To this :

<th>
<?php echo $this->sort'cx.category_shared' 'COM_VIRTUEMART_SHARED'?>
</th>

But for standard shop with only 1 vendor, this is stupid to display.
Then adding a setting see always shared in multivendor settings is a fine solution.

Milbo

Quote from: studio42 on March 13, 2015, 14:07:23 PM
If you set multi vendor administrated in config, each vendor can change the vendor. In the other case  NOT multi vendor administrated,the vendor can only add products in front.
If you want to use multivendor, you must use it. That any vendor can change the vendor is new for me, please send a screenshot of your ACL.

studio42

Damn, i have found the Stupid BUG!
The JOOMLA ACL are cached, this mean you have to disconnect and reconnect, if you change the rights. Or this are not (always)reflecting your current rights.

Another problems :

When you only can set product, the left menu is displayed.
I don't think is good to see the left menu for user having only right to edit and add products.

The toolbar is broken in front(joomla 3.4)
div.btn-wrapper {
  display: inline-block;
  padding: 0 4px;
}

can be a solution

The full admin front is broken in default protostar template because in \j34\templates\protostar\component.php
<body class="contentpane modal">
<jdoc:include type="message" />
<jdoc:include type="component" />
</body>

You must either remove modal class from the component.php file
or use a javascript

a better solution is to add this in Virtuemart to not complete brake other components :
jQuery(function($){
$('body').removeClass('modal');
});

Of course this have to run before other javascripts. Best way is to add an external script in head runing directly after jquery.js load.