We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Started by maxdeal, June 15, 2012, 12:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxdeal

Hi,

The following message pops up when the payment method is to be selected

"Please select a payment method
We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order. Please ."
(my message is in Norwegian)

I have read all other topics about this, but can not see that there is a solution which helps me.
The selection of shipment is OK!

Really hope that anyone can help with this. I need solution to this ASAP. The shop should open any minute :-)

Running VM 2.0.6 and Joomla 2.5.4

Have a nice day!

jenkinhill

I'm guessing your payment method is set to a shopper group, country etc.? If so deselect them.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

djliquid

I was testing this on mine and was getting this error in Firefox but I moved browsers (to Chrome) and it worked fine.

It may be just like a cookie or something stuck.

I cleared out the Groups for Payment and Shipping and it directed me to PayPal without issue.

It may have been the coupon code that threw me off too though.

J 2.5.6
VM 2.0.6

miggel

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 15, 2012, 14:06:47 PM
I'm guessing your payment method is set to a shopper group, country etc.? If so deselect them.

Some postal codes not working in VM2 and will lead tot error message : We are sorry, no shipment method matches the characteristics of your order.

For example postalcode N101AH (London) is NOT working! ...but when you use 12000AA it is working and you can select shipping.

No shoppinggroups selected in my shipping method!

My joomla version is 2.5.7 and VM 2.0.12e

Hope you can help me

SOLVED  Leave ZIP range start ZIP END empty

cojka80

Can you please help me also.
I'm stuck with UPS shipping plugin.
I have done all things that is written in tutorial http://extensions.virtuemart.net/all-tutorials/8-shipment/5-ups-shipment-plugin
There is no countries and shopper groups configured, and product have their weights.
But error message is> We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order.

Joomla 2.5.6
VMart 2.0.8e

Please help.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

autarh

Quote from: jenkinhill on June 15, 2012, 14:06:47 PM

this was a real help ! it worked for me !

themhz

worked for me to as well

Flowcito

I just installed VM for Joomla3 and Im getting the same issue when I tried to change the payment I get the same error, however since I selected that Paypal is selected automatically when I clcick checkout I am redirected but I need to be able to select a different payment. I have all shopper groups selected.

Gomad

Hello

I also encountered this Virtuemart behaviour, which is not an error, it is about how Virtuemart can be configured and how the checkout process is happening.

If a customer did not login, his country and shopper group are unknown, therefore if you did set up one or both fields in the shipment method configuration, that shipment method will not appear in the checkout, if it is the only available method then the
following error message do appear:

"Please select a payment method
We are sorry, no payment method matches the characteristics of your order. Please ."

This does not stop the checkout process tough, the customer can still proceed, login or insert his data and finally when one or some of the rules that were setup into the payment methods are matched the relevant payment method(s) will appear.

There are a few ways to workaround this, e.g. edit that message and else can be done... BTW, seems a bit complicated as a system, maybe GeoIP feature as default in Virtuemart could help? (e.g. in  Thirtybees or prestashop GeoIP is a default feature one can enable/disable)

Thank you