[solved:3rdparty pr]How to disable inherited custom fields from parent to child?

Started by JJean7, March 04, 2015, 16:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJean7

We recently upgraded our website from Virtuemart 2.x to 3.x as well as updating our Joomla.  Now we are in the process of figuring everything out.  But i've hit a snag - I cannot figure out how to not show the parent custom fields as "inherited" in the child products custom fields.

Attached is an example of what i'm seeing. 
I tried using the tool "remove old vm2 inherited customfields" but it didn't do anything.  I have searched for other articles but haven't come across anything that will fix this.

Thoughts?

Milbo

of course it does something.

in vm2, you could not override a single customfield, you had to override all. That had the effect that the whole pattern idea did not work. You had to overwrite all customfields to change one => you copied all customfields and changed one.

The tool removes any customfield of a children, which is the same as the one of the parent. If you do not want to display the customfield of the parent in the child, use the disable checkbox at begin of the line.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

JJean7

Using the disable checkbox at the beginning of the line within the child does not remove it from from the list.

My issue is that the list of custom fields is too lengthy now that we have transitioned to the newest version of Joomla - as it now holds the custom fields for the child as well as the inherited values from the parent.  Is there any way to view only those fields that we are applying to the child? not those that are inherited from the parent?

Milbo

in that case, it would not be possible to enable it again. i wonder also why there is a problem with the new joomla version and the length of the list.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Ferraglia

Hi Milbo, I've recently upgraded the whole VM environment in order to be able to disable derived customfields on child products.
But now I'm lost. I cannot override the entire child (VM2 feature is gone) neither I can disable each field. The "d" option is present but it doesn't work at all.
I'm using VM 3.0.6.2 on J2.5.28.
Is there a way to get it working? Please.
Regards
Andrea

Ferraglia

I just tried to do the same on your DEMO online. And it works.
Is it so that the online version 3.0.8 fixed the problem? Or do you think that something on my environment could prevent the correct behavior?
Version 3.0.6.2 (current stable version) is affected by this bug? Do you know?
Regards, Andrea

Ferraglia

Hello, I just realized that VM works fine, this version also (3.0.6.2).
The problem is on an installed plugin. So, no problem so far with VM. I have to ask to the 3rd part plugin owner.
Regards
Andrea