News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Add to cart is not working and no shipment and payment method selected.

Started by jrmobile, February 10, 2015, 09:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OskarMaria

I have the same problems with a fresh installation of joomla 3.4, virtuemart 3.0.6.2 and the epic pro template 6.0.8. No chance to put products in the shopping cart, not working buttons for plus and minus, the shopping cart is only an empty page etc.

The template did not work with the new virtuemart. When I deleted all virtuemart overrides of the template, the product pages works as expected.

melsonmarketing

Still no solution for this?

Working on a migration:

http://web1550.webbox555.server-home.org/VM3Test/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_category_id=6&virtuemart_product_id=1415

J2.5.28 => J3.4.0
VM 2.6.10 => 3.0.62

I've turned Modules off/on, used Standard-Templates, installed JQueryEasy and read tons of posts :-(

It's impossible to change the number of products (except typing it) and any click on "add to cart" leads to the EMPTY cart directly (modal is enabled).

Great to know, that the new catalogue's on the way and the new shop must be online by March 18th...  :-\

Any new hints in this matter?

jenkinhill

VM3 uses an almost identical version to Joomla3 so there should be no requirement for jQueryEasy. VM3 uses jQ1.11.0 and J3 uses jQ1.11.2  - but you are loading an older version, jQ1.8.3 so you should look at that.

For the add to cart I see this error:
ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
...tom:n}};document.formvalidator=null,jQuery(function(){document.formvalidator=new...

Maybe because of the old version?

Certainly looks to be template related as there is a whole shedload of files loading.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

melsonmarketing

Tanks jenkinhill,
But it also appears in coretemplates, loading latest JQuery, all Ajax Module + Menus  disabled  :-[

melsonmarketing

It's solved. All is working perfect now.

A Plugin "PLG_SYS_MOOTABLE" caused the probs.

After uninstalling it,  "add to cart", modals and quantity update works as expected.

jenkinhill

Thanks, I'll try to remember the possibility of issues with that plugin.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bdimov

Hi,

I have the same problem with adding article to basket(only loads empty basket) and there is no shipment and payment method available.
How can I check which JQuerry I use?
How can I realise where can be the problem?

jenkinhill

Look at the code for the head element to quickly see which scripts are loaded. CTRL+U
Click on a jQuery link in the code to view the file, the version is in the first line. eg /*! jQuery v1.11.2 | (c) 2005, 2014 jQuery Foundation, Inc. | jquery.org/license */

See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=119638.0

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

bdimov

I got it.
I used Cinch menu(Pixel Point Creative module) and this module use JQuery 1.8 I think...
When I disable it, everything with products in cart are fine.

Thank you for support!

borro

Hello, message-board users

From time to time clients complains that at this site based at J3.4+VM3.0.9 they cann't add something to the shopping cart. Can somebody tell what can be the reason of it?
Caching is working also I switched it off at general settings of a Joomla. Can it be the reason? From time to time I clear cache and old cache by hand  :)
Can you tell me is there any jquery problem? It seems that there is no problem but may be I'm wrong
May it be that clients have an old version of browsers?
Wish you happiness!

elleclouds

Quote from: borro on September 17, 2015, 14:45:55 PM
Hello, message-board users

From time to time clients complains that at this site based at J3.4.1+VM3.0.9 they cann't add something to the shopping cart. Can somebody tell what can be the reason of it?
Caching is working also I switched it off at general settings of a Joomla. Can it be the reason? From time to time I clear cache and aold cache by hand  :)
Can you tell me is there any jquery problem? It seems that there is no problem but may be I'm wrong
May it be that clients have an old version of browsers?

Upgraded to 3.0.12 now customers can't add anything to cart...any advice?

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation