News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Error 500 from Joomla during CSV Improved products import

Started by abrodski, February 04, 2015, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abrodski

Hello
Recently I tried to use CSV Improved v. 4.5.5 (free). I have XAMPP on a Localhost and VM2 2.0.22a.
I've got a tutorial in a form of a video and there was .xls file that went with it. So first I converted the file into .csv by using Open Office Calc (with all the neccesary adjustments). After that I imported the categories and then the products. Then I tried to export the products by using that CSV Improved. I kinda worked. Though a got a no extension file, which I could open in Notepad++ or Excel. Then I manually deleted all the products (without touching the categories). 'cos I wanted to try to use that file in order to re-import the products back where they were prior to deletion. Then I got the 500 Error. But not the server's 500 error (when you get an empty browser window with short error message), but a Joomla 500 error (as shown in attached JPEG). Joomla showed me an alert window where it said "View not found [name, type, prefix]: login, json, loginView". And also it terminated Joomla session, so I had to re-login into Joomla's admin panel. From what I've learned in Google, it's a pretty common issue, though I couldn't find a real and simple solution to the problem.

jenkinhill

Why are youi using an old an insecure version of VirtueMart. Best to use at least a recent version. currently that would be 2.6.14 or 3.0.4

As for the CSVI issue you should ask on the http://www.csvimproved.com/en/forum (you will need to buy a support ticket) or study the CSVI documentation.

I always use OpenOffice Calc to work with CSVI files
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

abrodski

Thanks for your reply!
Well, I'm using Joomla on a localhost, so that's why security is not an issue here. And the reason why I'm using an old version is because that's what appears in a video tutorial that I have. So to be in sync with it I'm using exact same stuff. The tutorial is couple years old.

jenkinhill

I don't know if the current CSVI works with older VM versions..............
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

abrodski

Sorry, but who said I was using the current free CSVI version? As a wrote in my 1st post, I installed ver. 4.5.5, and on their website I see they have ver. 5.11
I'm using exact same stuff, they used when they were making the tutorial video. As a matter of fact, those files for VM2 and CSVI went together with the video lessons...

jenkinhill

There is a reason for updates to be issued. Occasionally it is for security reasons, but more usually it is to fix something that does not work or is buggy.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

abrodski

Quote from: jenkinhill on February 04, 2015, 15:53:30 PM
There is a reason for updates to be issued. Occasionally it is for security reasons, but more usually it is to fix something that does not work or is buggy.
Yeah, you're right, but like I said, I'm just trying to get a clue about VM2 on a localhost and I want to be in sync with the video tutorial...

abrodski

BTW, the problem is solved!
The problem was that I simply did not add an extension (.csv) to a file name when I was exporting...