News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Blank page after upgrade

Started by isabeaux, February 02, 2015, 04:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isabeaux

Hi, I'm quite stumped here.

I'm in the process of going from J2.5 to J3.

I have upgraded all to J2.5.28 and VM 2.6.14. Until this everything was OK, or so I thought. I tested all the functions and all seemed fine so I updated my live site.

I noticed now however that, if a user is NOT logged in, they can't check out, the checkout button is dead. In looking at the page code I noticed the button is outside the form  :o

<div class="price-summary">
<div class="spacer">
<div class="product-subtotal">
<div class="price-type">Product prices result: </div>
<div class="price-amount">$5.55</div>
<div class="clear"></div>
</div>

<div class="checkout-button-area">
<button name="checkout" id="checkoutFormSubmit" class="btn-big-green"  ><span>Check Out Now</span></button> </div>

<form method="post" id="checkoutForm" name="checkoutForm" action="/index.php/shop/cart/checkout">
<input type='hidden' name='task' value='checkout'/>
<input type='hidden' name='option' value='com_virtuemart'/>
<input type='hidden' name='view' value='cart'/>
</form>

</div>
</div>

This unfortunately is on my live site since when I tested I was logged in and missed it, so I've had to take the shop offline for the time being.

As I couldn't find the issue, in my development server I tried to install VM 3.0.4.

It did not go well. I followed instructions here http://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/installation-migration-upgrade/198-upgrade-virtuemart-2-to-virtuemart-3.html

What happens is the following:
In the back end I get a fully blank page if I click on Orders, Products, Categories... Other pages like shop, config, tools, etc are ok.
In the front end the main /shop page is totally blank, as are categories. Product pages show but can't add to cart, I get an error "No Shipment Method Configured/No payment Method Configured", though I can't get to those pages in the back end.

I've tried "Remove old vm2 inherited customfields" and "Update vm2 order format of customfields to vm3 format" in the Tools section (after enabling them).

Still coming up blank.

As far as I can see there's nothing incompatible with what I'm using.

So I have 2 pressing problems:
1- I'd like to fix the checkout button on me live site ASAP, even if it's a dirty hack, so I can open it up again.
2- I'd like to get version 3.0.4 working on my dev server. If I have to wait for that until I get to J3.3, it's not too much of a problem.

Extensions being used:
- Shopilicious
- st42 download 2.4.4.3

Site info:
HP Built On   Linux mysite.com 3.2.0-74-virtual #109-Ubuntu SMP Tue Dec 9 17:04:48 UTC 2014 x86_64
Database Version   5.5.41-0ubuntu0.12.04.1-log
Database Collation   utf8_general_ci
PHP Version   5.3.10-1ubuntu3.15
Web Server   Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface   apache2handler
Joomla! Version   Joomla! 2.5.28 Stable [ Ember ] 10-December-2014 15:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version   Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT

Thank you for your time and support!
Tomás

GJC Web Design

would start here->  Shopilicious

if you haven't upgraded 1st to the 2.6.14 version  and then if available a vm3 version I can see loads of problems

VM3 templates are different from VM2 - a very "invasive" template like Shopilicious must be the latest version

Try setting your template to Beez(J2.5) to get the thing working then contact Shopilicious for latest version/s
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

isabeaux

Hi,

Yes, I had updated first to VM 2.6.14, and it does seem that Shopilicious is the culprit. Apparently if there's no address, for some reason it doesn't ask for it and hence won't go any further. I had version 1.0.8 and 1.0.9 is the latest, but not worth buying the upgrade since I'm moving to v3

I got it to work by deleting the template folders for the checkout. So I still have the nice design of Shopilicious for the shop, except the checkout, which is not terrible.

This however is a temporary fix, as I will have to find a template for J3 & VM3

Thank you,
Tomás

GJC Web Design

if it is only the cart and everything else works just restyle the cart template
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation