News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Ghost products in cart

Started by palmoen, January 12, 2015, 17:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

palmoen

Hello!
I've recently bought a VM template from TemplateMonster. After installing it and making some adjustments I've tried to run a testorder in the shop, but when I recieve the orderconfirmation some unknown products shows up in addition to my own products. These "ghost products" appear with lorem ipsum description. I cant seem to find these "ghost products" anywhere. I've of course deleted all old sampleproducts from the template, so I guess there must med a "bug" somewhere in the root files.

Can anyone help me?

jenkinhill

Presumably you installed a quickstart package with dummy content installed? You could try clearing the Joomla & VM caches first.  If the strange products do not appear in the product list then you can probably remove them from the database using phpMyAdmin or maybe use the options under Tools & Migration/DB Tools. But test that on a copy of the site first!

Otherwise get back to the template suppliers for support.....
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

or they may be in english and your on another language?
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

palmoen

Thanks for your quick replies.
Yes, the template was delivered and installed with default design and products.

Tried to "delete cache" but that didn't help much Im afraid. PhpMyadmin seems a bit over my skill level so don't think that's the way to go...

The last option:
Is it enough to take a backup, and if it fails just, restore the last backup?

Brg Paul

jenkinhill

Make a full site backup using Akeeba and install that copy somewhere. either on a localhost or on a real server (I always use subdirectories of a "real" server). Then try using the database tools as mentioned above on that backup copy.

As others have found before you, using Templatemonster packages can often give monstrous problems, but more usually when trying to update the installed Joomla & VirtueMart to current versions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum