News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM3 Stockable variants for Size + Color?

Started by rayge, January 01, 2015, 14:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jörgen

Hello Balai

Thanks for the demolink. It is Always good to see a wrking example. :)

Is it possible to also see the SKU for the child on the details page? I never managed to get this working in the old VM 1.1.x.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

franayala

Child Variant is working for me.

Maybe is not the best and more intuitive mode to do a stockable custom field, but works like Milbo says.

If you install 3.0.4 version with demo data you can see how to do this. It is easy after try a minute. And very powerfull.

Thanks!!
www.cuidadicos.es - Natural suplements and beauty

escapezone

[quote author=Milbo Yepp, -->and therefore the parent product, should have stocking 0 if not orderable<-- . For the stock display the advantage in vm3 is that it even adds the stocking of the childs on the parent. So it IS a lot more exact now then before.

Actually I think none of you considered the different vm config options. The new child variants are very, very mighty.

There may be a small bug with the inventory, because I rewrote it and it should consider all arguments you wrote down here (in special the thoughts of sonickev). The child variant is also not done yet. The architecture allows it easily to extended it.
[/quote]

Hello @Milbo !

I agree with you but are you sure that the vm is working like that? or am i doing something wrong ? (and therefore the parent product, should have stocking 0 if not orderable)

I build a parent product with 0 stock, and this product has two children the size Small (stock=1) and the size Medium (stock=1) .

The parent products says notify me becuase of the zero stock . see example here http://www.pawdiakopes.gr/index.php/component/virtuemart/default-products?Itemid=101

The RED body product is build with Generic Child Variant.

Milbo

Are you aware that we have this options?

Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action
Do not Display Product
Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock
Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button
Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed

and

Show uncategorised parent products in search results and modules    
Show uncategorised child products in search results and modules    
Show products which are only in unpublished categories.

All this settings can affect the feature and change the behaviour.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

escapezone

Quote from: Milbo on February 04, 2015, 11:53:45 AM
Are you aware that we have this options?

Products Out of Stock are orderable, no special action
Do not Display Product
Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock
Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button
Products Out of Stock are orderable, and the field 'Availability' below is displayed

and

Show uncategorised parent products in search results and modules    
Show uncategorised child products in search results and modules    
Show products which are only in unpublished categories.

All this settings can affect the feature and change the behaviour.

Hello @Milbo !

Yes i know these options.. Lets do it your way... I want the parent not to be orderable, which option should i choose ?
Right now i have "Displays 'Notify Me' instead of 'Add To Cart' button"

Milbo

Give it 0 inventory, use "Do not Display Product, if child products also out of stock". Use in the first row of the "child variant", at least one unknown position, so it cannot preselect a child.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

balai

@escapezone
I think that there is a setting named "parent not orderable" both in the VM plugin and in my stockable plugin

escapezone

Quote from: balai on February 04, 2015, 16:22:58 PM
@escapezone
I think that there is a setting named "parent not orderable" both in the VM plugin and in my stockable plugin

I know @balai i have seen that... but as i understand the setting "Display stock level" at VM  backend configuration shows only the "parent stock"
By the way have you considered to change the "thing" with the "select" that i wrote you at my last email? I like your plugin very much, but this is the only thing that i don't like

@Milbo I tried your settings but i disable the Display stock level because as i understand it's shows only the parent stock. you can see example here http://www.pawdiakopes.gr/index.php/component/virtuemart/default-products?Itemid=0?tmpl=component (the red body product , witch is build with the Generic Child Variant)

Also i have a suggestion to add an option at "Child Variant" do you want me to share with you?

Thank you!!!

balai

QuoteBy the way have you considered to change the "thing" with the "select" that i wrote you at my last email? I like your plugin very much, but this is the only thing that i don't like
You mean to remove the select option after loading a child product?

There are a lot of chances to implement that. Possibly there will be a new beta before the end of the week. Stay tuned

Milbo

Quote from: Jörgen on February 03, 2015, 11:15:24 AM
Is it possible to also see the SKU for the child on the details page? I never managed to get this working in the old VM 1.1.x.
Standard with the new "child variants"

Jörgen

Hello Milbo

Thanks for Your reply. This sounds great. The reason for asking was that I can´t see any SKU beeing displayed neither on the details nor on the browse page in the official demo. The child variant (Child variant 1 .. 3) product has a blank SKU field. The only thing I can see changing is the product name and so far this is good. I will try to add the product_sku on the details page view and see if this also changes. All of my child variants are real products that has its own SKU.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

balai

The reason for asking was that I can´t see any SKU beeing displayed neither on the details nor on the browse page in the official demo
Jorgen i think that this is mostly a question related with the template. If you display the sku together with the other product details, this will be updated as well. I think it is pretty easy to display the sku.

balai

@Max

I think there is a case with stock management that is not covered by the settings.

A shop has both parent-child products and products without children
When the parents have zero stock there is no any way to display in the shop only the products (without children) with stock and only the parent products that have childern with stock.

Milbo

I just explained that this should be possible, because the inventory of the children is added to the parent

sonickev

I have tried various options and only really have one solution that is close to my needs.

I tried the stockable plugin, but could not get the dropdowns to work (they kept appearing behind my addtocart existing section)

If you follow this link - http://elanvape.com/index.php/en/shop/liquids/eve-guava-e-liquid-detail

This is a 'Child Variant' with 3 children
The Children are selected using a custom field of 0mg, 6mg and 12mg
They all have different prices
The parent is NOT orderable, though I see no way of telling Virtuemart that

Choosing each variant does not update the price or stock availability

I can still order the parent

When I choose a different variant and try to order it, it still places the parent product (which is not orderable) into the cart.

So...I'm a little bit lost.

Only the generic child variant gives the frontend behavior I require, but offers no stock control.

Right now, I don;t have a working solution.