News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

So wait... NO Shipping or Payment in VM 2.0?

Started by cstreit, February 14, 2012, 19:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstreit

Sorry but I've been searching and just spend a lot of time doing an install and some basic setup on VM 2.0.

It would now appear that there are NO Shipping or Payment methods for VM2?  I guess I assumed that this was sort of a requirement for eCom.  So uh, pardon my ignorance, but what good is an ecommerce platform if you can't SHIP or PAY for anything?  DID I just waste the last 8-10 hours of prototyping and now have to downgrade?

Hopefully I'm wrong, please set me straight!

muasif80

Use the aio package that came with virtuemart. It installs a few shipping and payment plugins for you.
See the section of the forum for Shipping and Payment modules. at http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?board=131.0
Read down a few of the posts there.
1. Expertise: PHP and JAVA Expert (SCJP)
2. DEV Tools: Eclipse PDT - WAMP - XDebug
3. www.mayotitech.com/products.php

cstreit

Thanks. I did install aio and got the basic shipping and payment options there, but paypal and zip-code based shipping is a far cry from what earlier versions had.  We rely heavily on the ones we are used to in our other websites so I've downgraded to 119 for the moment.  Didn't realize that most of these were external.

Appreciate the info.  I still think this is a huge gaping hole in the release and am quite suprised that it is not mentioned as missing.  We want to launch pretty quick on this latest project so I'll go with the tried and true releases and wait untill the depth of 2.0 extensions covers what we are used to.

DiveO2

cstreit says he was 'quite surprised' it's not mentioned as missing...
I'm quite devastated and utterly disappointed!
Trying to find out ANYTHING about shipping etc has been an absolute nightmare for me over the last 2+ weeks.
It seems as though the general community thinks that 90% of users live in the USA, while the other 10% are Australian!
No-one seems to do anything for shipping in that tiny speck of an island known as the UK!
But wait a minute, maybe I'm the first one to want to need this....

HEY, you guys across the oceans of the world. I'm from that tiny insignificant 'speck'! Can you help me please?
I need something that will either get rid of shipping or at least let me use something that is relevant to the island of 'speck'.
I'm using Joomla 2.5 and VM2

Thanks in advance.
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

jenkinhill

What shipper do you want to use? I'm in the UK and setup shipping cost by weight for a client's intranet store with no problems encountered.

Here is a thread showing the same as I did: http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=99394
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DiveO2

Thanks Jenkinhill

I took a look at the link and tried the method there (adding new...) however, when I try and save it, I just get the following error:

vmError: TableShipmentmethods COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENT_JPLUGIN_ID in record is missing ! Can't save the record with no COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENT_JPLUGIN_ID
(Joomla! 2.5.4, VM 2.0.7c, PHP 5.3.10)   Do try and be clear & concise in your answers to fellow forum members, it will save confusion and frustration with the original poster (and future visitors) in re-asking the question again and again...

jenkinhill

When you updated to VM2.0.2 (I assume you are using that version) did you also update the AIO component? That error looks like an installation issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

DiveO2

Thanks again for the instant responses...

Firstly, I'm a total newbie to this.
I just installed a brand new Joomla 2.5 site and installed vm2 and updated everything.
I put something into the cart and tried to 'buy' it...
That's when I realised that this was not an out-of-the-box product.
I've looked on and off over the last couple of weeks (with the help of a friend) to find a shipping module (a free one, because I don't know if I'll even get to where I'm going)

So. no, I don't know if I've installed it wrong.
It looks OK, I think

I've heard people mention 'AIO' but I don't know what one is...

DiveO2

Why did I have to go and open my big mouth and say thank you for the instant responses????

Sod's law sure has got it in for me sometimes....  :-\

John2400

Hi DiveO2
AIO?

When you download the software and unzipped it

the are two parts to upload through extensions - this is the second small package -

that's the one Jenkinhill is talking about.

DiveO2

John........... Your a star (and a mind reader) (if I had one).

You were absolutely correct!
There were 2 modules
1)   com_virtumart.2.0.2
2)   com_virtumart.2.0.2_ext_aio

I've just installed nÂș 2 and can now create a package. Thank you.

I guess that I got so busy in the first place and just forgot!

Now I'll just spend the next 2 or 3 weeks trying to sort out a payment method  :(

Thanks again. (both John & Jenkin)

MatCat

Not to beat a dead horse as this is a very old thread (though it is what you come to when you google "TableShipmentmethods COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENT_JPLUGIN_ID in record is missing! Can't save the record with no COM_VIRTUEMART_SHIPMENT_JPLUGIN_ID"), anyway I am here to revive this thread because I ran into this issue, and unlike the OP I am using Joomla 3 and it's fancy pants new built in installer for extensions, I would like to note that when you install VirtueMart from this method it does not install the AIO piece, leading to one click install of broken component and no easy documentation to follow to finish it off using this install method.