News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

installed Joomla 3.3.6 and try to install VM3

Started by lemmings, November 29, 2014, 15:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemmings

Hi, I have installed Joomla 3.3.6 and try to install VM3. The first file is ok but i have a problem with the second aoi file, I get this message  "Maximum PHP file upload size is too small: This is set in php.ini in both upload_max_filesize and post_max_size settings of your PHP settings (located in php.ini and/or .htaccess file)"
I have found this tekst; "in most cases the server has the setting 'upload_max_filesize' of 2mb in it's php configuration. You can check that, if you go to your Joomla Administration > Site > System Information > PHP Information tab. Some webhosters allow to configure this in their administraton panel (i.e. Confixx, Plesk, CPanel, etc.). If your webhoster doesn't, you need to ask them to increase it.

Alternatively try the tar.gz file packages (such as com_virtuemart.2.x.x_extract_first.targz.zip ) which are smaller in size than the zip packages and will install on all but the worst configured servers."

I am working offline on XAMPP so there is no link with my provider. I have looked for the  "tar.gz" file but cant find it. I hope someone can give me some very simple tips to move me on. Thanks.

jenkinhill

If you get com_virtuemart.3.0.0_extract_first.zip from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files  and unzip it locally you will find ir contains both VM components as tar.gz files.

If on localhost then really all you need to do is to increase the size of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size in your local php.ini
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jimjoom

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 29, 2014, 15:47:57 PM
If you get com_virtuemart.3.0.0_extract_first.zip from http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files  and unzip it locally you will find ir contains both VM components as tar.gz files.

If on localhost then really all you need to do is to increase the size of upload_max_filesize and post_max_size in your local php.ini
Hi guys,

I'm in the same situation.

PHP is: 5.6.21 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Joomla is 3.3
Have tried both Virtuemart 3.0.4 and 3.0.3

Have increased the upload_max_filesize to 10M and the post_max_size to 20M. in both the php.ini files I found. (Running localhost with Xampp)

The first component seems to install with no problems but can't get the 2nd (aio) component to install.

I should also mention that when I change the values in php.ini they have not changed when I look at the joomla system configuraion - php information. They are stuck at 2M and 8M. I have restarted everything twice and checked to see that the new values were retained in the php.ini files -- they were but are being ignored. 

Any help would be appreciated.

jenkinhill

You probably have more than one php.ini in the system.

Try using PHP5.4/5.5 rather than 5.6 - it's important to use a similar version to that which will be used on whichever real host you use, and most likely that will be PHP5.4
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

GJC Web Design

but if your on Xammp just drag the install file into the joomla  tmp folder - extract - and run install from a folder in Joomla admin - why all this uploading stuff.. it's the same machine
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation