News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Ask a question about product not working for non-registered users.

Started by JoerieB92, November 06, 2014, 16:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoerieB92

Hello!

First of all, this is my first post here at this forum. Excuse me when i post this in the wron subject.
If this is so, please move this topic to the right subject. Also, English is not my native language so sorry for my mistakes.

I am using Joomla 3.3.6 and Virtuemart 2.99.
The url of my website is http://inandoutliving.nl/dev/

I am building a webshop with Virtuemart, it is almost done. This website is in dutch language.
I am now in the proces of fixing little issues before I can go live with this website.

I have a button on my product details page saying 'Ask a question about this product'
this function works like a charm for registered users. When a guest users fills in the form popup, the email is send but the form fields of 'Name' and 'E-mail adres' are not filled.
Please find a screenshot as an attachment to clearify what i am saying.

The following image shows the same, but then for a registered user. Here you can see that it works fine.

I have looked for other topics about this subject, but i dont seem to find some.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Joerie

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JoerieB92

My exacy version is 2.9.9e.
Is this a known issue for this version?
Is it easy for me to update to the RC version ans should I even?
Is there a solution for me?

jenkinhill

You decided to use a development version for building your site. By nature of things, dev versions are buggy and not fully developed, so the consequence is that you regularly update as new versions are released every few days or so, and thus help the development program by reporting bugs and any fixes you work out to be applied to the code. We are now definately at RC status with the releases, so to move to the most recent would be a logical step. Alternatively wait until the stable VM3 is released and update to that.

Updating is easy. http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=123808.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

JoerieB92

Thank you for your reply.

When i install an update. Do is need to reconfigure all of my products again?
I really dont want to do that. actually.

JoerieB92

Nevermind. Already read it in that post.
I have made some changed in .css files actually. So need to do that again.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

JoerieB92

Hi,

I have a question. I have read your previous link where you say VM needs to be updates by the Joomla Extention manager.
There, you can also update extentions as seen in the screenshot below.

Is this save to do so?

Thanks,

Regards

jenkinhill

AS these are test versions I always would use the Extensions installer to be sure that I spot any error messages etc.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK