How can I let customers pay only the shopping fee ?

Started by foelie, November 01, 2014, 13:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foelie

I have 2 types of customers: customers who pay the normal price plus shipping cost for our products and customers who are allowed to order our products for free and pay only the shipping costs.
This is setup using a special field as a shopping cart variant. Each article has a normal price and on the tab Special fields are both the normal price and a zero price configured.
When selecting a product the customer can select the proper price.
This works fine and the total price is shown properly, but when a customer who may order for free wants to complete the order, they are not able to pay for the shipping fee. No payment option is displayed.
If, however, I change the zero price to 0,01 it works like a charm. Unfortunately this is not an acceptable workaround for me.

Does anyone know of a way to make customers pay only the shopping fee ?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

foelie

Quote from: jenkinhill on November 01, 2014, 13:25:46 PM
And if the price is 0.001 ?

Doesn't work :(
Also, enabling or disabling the automatic choice of payment method makes no difference

alatak

Hello

You can set a price per shopper group. Did you try that solution?

John2400

Maybe set a coupon permanent ... Send that to your special customers and make it 100% .. The good then become 0 and the shipping fee is still paid.
I have set this in some store for special customers. No coupon then you pay everything.