News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Unable to update VM. VM Admin panel gone too

Started by NaZz, October 27, 2014, 01:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaZz

I went to update VM to latest version and all the VM components/modules got updated successfully except the main Virtumart one.
For example VirtueMart Administrator Menu is updated to 2.6.12 and thus I can't see it anymore.

I cannot update through Joomla because I am having problem with my web server (getting 502 gateway error).

What is the best way to update this manually without losing any of my configuration and data (products) - if this is possible?
Can I uninstall - install or something? Or just run the install over this version?

Thank you.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

NaZz

Hello, if I uninstall Virtuemart (or its modules) is all its data (categories, products, configuration etc.) deleted too?
Is there a way to uninstall/install Virtuemart without consequences for the current data (configuration and products data)

This is my situation, attachment below:
version mismatch and unable to update Virtuemart because of it:
I am also unable to see/access Virtuemart in Admin panel.

[attachment cleanup by admin]

jenkinhill

No you do not uninstall -and to do that has not been mentioned at all. You simply install the new version over the top of the current version - as described in the link I provided. In future versions the updates will be managed through Joomla's auto-update system.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum