News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Removal of category images completely.

Started by harvey2805, March 23, 2012, 12:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey2805

Hello all.

I would like to know how to remove category images completely. Currently it shows the "no image" image which I also need to be removed. The end result should be a 3 x X list of categories with no images.

The site is currently on my local machine so no link. I am using a default version of Virtuemart 2.

Thanks

Harvey

John2400

Hi harvey2805,

You know you can have a normal HTML page on the front ( wrapped) - or you can even just have a Joomla Article on the front page and when you type your list you can have your set up page to just jump to
the url of each category -  this would stop having to hack or change a template.

there is a little playing with - the home page but you will get the idea.

* Just for ease of option - I would just use an article as you can easily update the article over time and if you wish to go back just change th front page module to your VM page.

PRO

views/virtuemart/tmpl/efault_categories

views/categories/tmpl/default.php

mcongosto2

Quote from: PRO on March 24, 2012, 12:55:31 PM
views/virtuemart/tmpl/efault_categories

views/categories/tmpl/default.php

thanks for the minimum effort, but you could at least say where to edit those files.

It happens some times in VM, this that should be extremely easy makes you lose hours.

I just don't want to have an image in my category page. Why does it have to be so hard?

GJC Web Design

VM uses a std. template over ride technique .... this enables you to have almost any display you can imagine with a little research, testing and technical knowledge

The files PRO showed you are where you need to make your changes - surely with a little effort it should be obvious to you what is displaying the images?

Find it and comment it out... you can't expect with free software and a free forum for contributors to do all the work for you..

Have a look at those files - what's the worst that could happen if you make a mistake? You undo what ever change you made.. and try again ..
This is called knowledge accumulation.. have fun with it... learn something...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum