News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Using Virtuemart Registration - do NOT send password in email?

Started by Shazam0527, October 06, 2014, 19:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shazam0527

Virtuemart 2.6.10

Hi All, I've done numerous search phrases, don't know if I'm using the right keywords or what, but haven't found a solution.  So I figured I'd ask this fine community directly.

Here goes:

I use Virtuemarts registration form when new users sign up on my site.  That way I can get all of the necessary data I need in 1 form, rather than use Joomla's form, then "edit" the Bill to information.  But I have one problem that I can't seem to figure out.  When the registration confirmation email goes to the user, it also sends their password.  I do not want that to happen.  Everything BUT the password is fine.  I've checked the language files for virtuemart and saw the section that says COM_VIRTUEMART_YOUR_PASSWORD=your password but there is nothing there to remove (i.e. a variable) to stop the password from displaying in the email.

If anyone can help, that would be fantastic.  Tyvm in advance!

Sincerely,

Jonathan

jenkinhill

Create a template override for components/com_virtuemart/views/user/tmpl/mail_html_reguser.php with the echo password line removed.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum